At this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Asus took the wraps off a number of new products, such as a touchscreen netbook with a swivel hinge, a redesigned Eee PC keyboard, and a 12-inch netbook with a 512 GB solid-state hard drive. All ...
Asustek Computer, the world's largest motherboard maker and developer of the popular Eee PC line of netbooks, slashed its fourth quarter shipment outlook on Thursday, citing slower than expected demand for its products.
Asustek Computer on Tuesday debuted an ultra-thin, light netbook called the S121 with two new technologies, Microsoft's yet-to-be released Windows 7 OS and the world's largest solid state drive (SSD) at 512GB.
Asustek Computer plans to unveil a new Eee PC netbook that costs just US$200 in the first quarter of next year, a company representative said Thursday.
Microsoft has demonstrated its Windows 7 operating system (OS) on an Asus Eee PC featuring just 1GB of RAM and a 16GB solid-state drive.
Acer, the world's third-largest PC vendor, said shipments of its Aspire One netbook could reach 6 million units this year, which would edge out Asustek Computer's popular Eee PC at the top of the market.
Microsoft may release Windows 7 as early as next November, bloggers speculated Wednesday, pointing to postings on the company's own Web site and comments made by the CEO of Asus, the company that makes the popular Eee PC line of netbooks.
Microsoft is considering giving its Windows client OS the capability to be turned on very rapidly by allowing users only limited access to the OS, a concept it's calling "Instant On," according to a survey Microsoft conducted.
With the economy in turmoil, a lot of people who are looking to buy PCs are increasingly turning to cheap, low-power mini laptops.
Asustek Computer's Japanese arm has alerted owners of its new Eee Box low-cost desktop PC that the machine shipped with a virus.
Asustek Computer (Asus) plans to launch as many as three new Eee PC netbook models in the next few months as shipments of the popular devices take off.
ASUS' latest addition to the Eee PC family, the 10-inch 1000H, is now available in Australia sans the Linux operating system than made it famous.
Notebooks accounted for more than half of all PC units shipped in Australia during the first quarter of this year, marking the first time portables have outsold desktops.
Asustek Computer (Asus) predicts the Eee PC it has started selling with Microsoft Windows XP Home edition on board will outsell the original Linux-based version by a ratio of 6 to 4 in the market by the end of this year, a heady prediction considerin...
When the Eee PC first landed on the Australian market in December, it made huge waves due to its low price and ultraportable size.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Asus Shows Laptop Sharing Concept
- Asustek Eee PC, motherboard shipments hit by downturn
- Asus debuts S121 netbook with Windows 7 and 512GB SSD
- Asustek to unveil US$200 Eee PC netbook next year
- Windows 7 Eee PC demonstrated
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTProcurement SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTJava DeveloperAsia
- FTProject CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCTibco DeveloperWA