Marco Arment's Instapaper has long been the go-to offering for readers who want to save web articles for later reading on an iOS device in their free time. Pocket, a free universal iOS app from Idea Shower, has emerged as a potent competitor.
Apps - Reviews
Triage isn't meant to function as a full-featured email client. It's something else. Triage's focus is on helping you to pare down the untamed mass of your inbox as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Action Launcher Pro for Android is a clean and simple launcher with a few excellent features, including a sliding quick drawer for apps and a completely new take on folders and home screen widgets.
Real Racing 3 is a mobile racing game that's perfect for rev-heads, and it caters to users with different levels of gaming experience. While it's arguably not the most graphically impressive game, it's definitely attractive and it provides plenty of ...
Ridiculous Fishing, a universal app for iOS, is the story of a fisherman who is uniquely committed to piscine genocide: he riddles his catches with bullet holes.
Beat the Q is an Australian app that aims to streamline the procurement ritual of the morning coffee. You can use it to place an order and pay for it while you're en-route to your favourite café, and simply walk in to collect it without waiting in li...
While it may be compared to the likes of popular over-the-top (OTT) apps such as WhatsApp and Viber, Avocado takes mobile communication to a greater level by enabling you to not only send texts and photos, but also share lists and events in an app de...
Spotify for Windows Phone 8 is a simple, well designed app that provides access to all your music playlists.
The original Temple Run offered a simple yet addictive concept: swipe for your life, and use a series of boosts to keep you alive a little longer. With Temple Run 2, Imangi Studios has been able to resurrect the same experience through a more graphic...
Any.DO for Android is a simple, clean and very well designed to-do list manager. It's the first app of its kind of Android that I haven't uninstalled after a day and best of all, it's completely free.
If you want a much smoother grocery shopping experience, a supermarket app can help. The Woolworths app is one of the better ones we've used to date, mainly because it makes it so easy to find products and add them to a shopping list. It's great to u...
Those of you who have been buying CDs from Amazon for the last decade or so should log in to your account and check out the Cloud Player feature, which is used as a repository for Amazon's AutoRip service.
The Foxtel Go app is free to use and provides excellent quality video streaming and access to live TV.
Uber, a private car service that originated in San Francisco, is now available in Australia.
The 2013 Australian Open app not only provides real-time information on scores, schedules, news, and players, there is also a Live Coverage feature that allows you to stream matches live on your phone. You'll never have to miss another Sharapova grun...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Facebook Messenger now supports native payments
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Capital TradingNSW
- FTUX CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNERQLD
- CCTechnical Test AnalystACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)VIC
- FTDirector Data AnalyticsACT
- CCProject Manager - DigitisationQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst/Systems Analyst (DW/BI)ACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCFront End Developer with Django or Rails exp.NSW
- FTLevel 1- 2 Helpdesk SupportVIC
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 161018/P/911Asia
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCIT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Software DeveloperNSW