Pandora users can now rock out to the sweet sounds of Daft Punk even in flaky connection areas, thanks to the app's recent update.
Apps - News
Apple is celebrating the App Store's fifth birthday by offering users a number of significant and popular apps for the low, low price of nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. The big goose egg. Free.
The iPhone has become a battleground for a number of popular mobile app categories. In addition to Apple's own native apps, there is an ecosystem of third-party apps--all fighting for a place on your iPhone.
After an initial rush, downloads of Microsoft's free Office for the iPhone quickly tailed off, data from a mobile app analytics company showed Sunday.
If you are trying to decide whether to buy a new iPhone 5, or wait for the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, or buy one of those other smartphones, one of the factors affecting your decision may be whether the BBM instant messaging service from BlackBerry will ...
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is "hoping" to make its catch up TV service, iView, available on Android smartphones and tablets by the end of 2013.
Microsoft has announced that the Windows Store has crossed the 100,000 app threshold, mere days after the company's big Build conference and a scant eight months after the launch of Windows 8.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has updated its Android app to bring it in line with the iOS version, adding the ability to view radio and TV content and a number of other new features.
The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Facebook is launching a beta tester program for Android smartphone users that it hopes will result in quicker diagnosis of bugs and more feedback on new features.
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gboard update brings text selection mode and resizing to Android keyboard app
- Google might be gearing up to remove millions of Play Store apps next month
- WhatsApp finally launches video calling
- Google Play is cracking down on fake reviews and fraudulent install numbers
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPPHP Developer - Immediate startQLD
- CCSecurity Specialist - NV1ACT
- FTSenior / Lead AEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTTesting and Quality Assurance AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCMaster Data Analyst - SAPNSW
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer FIFO WeipaQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)SA
- FTConsultant - Warehouse/ LogisticsVIC
- CCSoftware Licencing SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP ISU Technical ConsultantVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (C#.Net and VB.Net)SA
- TPProject Manager | HealthQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerQLD
- CCETL/BI /Data Stage DeveloperACT