If you are trying to decide whether to buy a new iPhone 5, or wait for the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, or buy one of those other smartphones, one of the factors affecting your decision may be whether the BBM instant messaging service from BlackBerry will ...
Apps - News
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is "hoping" to make its catch up TV service, iView, available on Android smartphones and tablets by the end of 2013.
Microsoft has announced that the Windows Store has crossed the 100,000 app threshold, mere days after the company's big Build conference and a scant eight months after the launch of Windows 8.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has updated its Android app to bring it in line with the iOS version, adding the ability to view radio and TV content and a number of other new features.
The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Facebook is launching a beta tester program for Android smartphone users that it hopes will result in quicker diagnosis of bugs and more feedback on new features.
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
If, like many, you use Evernote as a sophisticated to-do list, the latest update to the essential software and service is about to dramatically increase its usefulness. Reminders give Evernote a full suite of alarm and notification features, ideal fo...
Last week's release of Office Mobile for the iPhone nailed down one of the mysteries pundits had pondered -- how Microsoft planned to generate Office revenue from Apple's iPhone and iPad.
After months and years of rumours, Microsoft Office is finally coming to the Apple iPhone, in the biggest Apple/Microsoft news since Bill Gates agreed to support Office for Mac in return for getting Internet Explorer on Apple's systems. Microsoft Off...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- Pokémon Go guide app with half a million downloads hacks Android devices
- Facebook Messenger now supports native payments
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW