Apple is celebrating the App Store's fifth birthday by offering users a number of significant and popular apps for the low, low price of nothing. Nada. Zilch. Zip. The big goose egg. Free.
The iPhone has become a battleground for a number of popular mobile app categories. In addition to Apple's own native apps, there is an ecosystem of third-party apps--all fighting for a place on your iPhone.
After an initial rush, downloads of Microsoft's free Office for the iPhone quickly tailed off, data from a mobile app analytics company showed Sunday.
If you are trying to decide whether to buy a new iPhone 5, or wait for the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6, or buy one of those other smartphones, one of the factors affecting your decision may be whether the BBM instant messaging service from BlackBerry will ...
Vine, Twitter's mobile video service, has just gained several new features designed to make it easier to shoot with the app and to share videos more widely.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is "hoping" to make its catch up TV service, iView, available on Android smartphones and tablets by the end of 2013.
Microsoft has announced that the Windows Store has crossed the 100,000 app threshold, mere days after the company's big Build conference and a scant eight months after the launch of Windows 8.
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) has updated its Android app to bring it in line with the iOS version, adding the ability to view radio and TV content and a number of other new features.
The bricks keep falling into place for Vine, Twitter's hot six-second microvideo app. Mere days after Vine for Android added selfie-inducing front camera support, version 1.2 of the app is now available in the Amazon App Store.
Vine for Android is catching up to its iOS counterpart with the addition of front-camera support. Whether the power of selfies will compel users who have decamped to Instagram to go back over to Vine remains to be seen.
Facebook is launching a beta tester program for Android smartphone users that it hopes will result in quicker diagnosis of bugs and more feedback on new features.
Microsoft today briefly previewed an Office application designed for the Windows "Modern," ne "Metro," user interface, and said it would launch the touch-enabled suite next year.
Instagram looks the same. It feels the same. But there's more oomph now with video.
Step aside, Vine: 15-second videos are coming to Instagram on iOS and Android, complete with basic editing, filters, and stabilisation.
After nearly a week of speculation, Facebook announced today that Instagram, its popular photo-sharing service, now supports video.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Tinder Social alarms users by showing Facebook friends
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Google search will soon show live TV listings
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- FTSenior Project Manager, SoftwareNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCUX Designer and UX ResearcherVIC