Facebook is hoping to gain a stronger foothold in the competitive mobile messaging space with an updated version of its Messenger app, which now lets people message each other even if they aren't Facebook friends.
Although Instagram users do not commonly turn to the site to find out what's happening in the world, CEO Kevin Systrom hopes that will change.
In October 2011, Brainshark lunged at the chance to offer a better viewing experience for PowerPoint presentations on iOS devices, and this week the company is declaring its SlideShark app a success.
Nike has released its companion app, the refreshed Nike+ Move, to the public a day earlier than expected. Exclusive to iPhone 5s owners, the Nike+ Move app uses the M7 coprocessor found in the iPhone 5s to gather information from the phone's compass ...
Twitter's Vine video sharing app and Instagram now share a useful feature: editing.
Microsoft is turning to creating "web apps" for a number of popular brands and websites. A new section on the Windows Phone Store called Microsoft WebApps offers a number of downloadable, pinnable web apps that are basically app wrappers for popular ...
SwiftKey has a handy new keyboard solution. Rather than statically bind the keyboard to the bottom of the screen, SwiftKey now has different keyboard modes to help you type in any given situation.
Microsoft will start selling gift cards good for purchases on its digital content market, taking a page out of Apple's iTunes playbook.
Maybe Android tablets are getting more impressive. Maybe Samsung just has a lot of clout. Whatever the reason, Twitter decided to develop an Android tablet-optimised version of its official app with a few features that are "unique" for Samsung and ju...
SBS has today announced the availability of its catch-up TV application, On Demand, for Android smartphones and tablets, but the app is initially exclusive to Samsung devices.
Snapchat is giving photos and videos captured with its app some longevity.
Sources aware of Google's plans have "let slip" that an iOS version of Google Play Music All Acccess should be out by the end of October.
A few months ago BlackBerry announced that its BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) was going to launch on both Android and iPhone. It still hasn't arrived so we've explained what happened to BBM on Android and iPhone.
While most technology companies spend a bit of money to garnish their office walls with a sprinkling of pleasantly generic paintings, music streaming service Spotify got a bit more creative in sprucing up its newly opened New York City digs.
Australian free-to-air network TEN has officially launched a catch-up TV service to rival ABC's iView and SBS' On Demand, but the app isn't available on Android just yet.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- Google search will soon show live TV listings
- Facebook Messenger adds group voice calls
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Viber joins WhatsApp and Apple with end-to-end message encryption
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCSenior Technical WriterVIC
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW