Mirror is a free software utility that copies a folder structure from one location to another.
- Free, simple to use
- Long location listings are truncated
Mirror worked fine in our hands-on tests, and it can be invoked by a script. Our only real complaint is that long location listings are truncated (wrapped out of view, actually). If your backup needs can be met by a simple incremental copy routine, then this tiny utility fits the bill.
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Mirror couldn't be simpler to use, and couldn't be more handy. Put simply, what this free program does is what it's named — it mirrors, i.e. copies a folder structure from one location to another.
Once a folder structure (e.g., My Documents and all its subfolders) has been copied, only added or changed files are copied — which makes Mirror very efficient and fast.
The Mirror interface consists of single dialog-like window with Source, Target, Help and Mirror buttons. The first two buttons open file dialogs where you define what is backed up and where it's backed up to. Click on the locations listed to their left, and a window to them will open. Help is obvious and Mirror invokes the backup.
There are only three options: Synchronize target (remove files in target location that don't exist at the source location), Minimize (the window — while running), and Auto exit, or exit after finishing.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s Sydney store will open its doors on 12 November
- Microsoft's Office 2016 intro guides are here, a week late and short on useful details
- Netflix's ho-hum virtual reality debut needs some refinement
- Microsoft's Office 2016 update launches with renewed focus on collaboration
- Google Play Games, Photos updates offer hints at upcoming features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW