Mirror is a free software utility that copies a folder structure from one location to another.
- Free, simple to use
- Long location listings are truncated
Mirror worked fine in our hands-on tests, and it can be invoked by a script. Our only real complaint is that long location listings are truncated (wrapped out of view, actually). If your backup needs can be met by a simple incremental copy routine, then this tiny utility fits the bill.
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
Mirror couldn't be simpler to use, and couldn't be more handy. Put simply, what this free program does is what it's named — it mirrors, i.e. copies a folder structure from one location to another.
Once a folder structure (e.g., My Documents and all its subfolders) has been copied, only added or changed files are copied — which makes Mirror very efficient and fast.
The Mirror interface consists of single dialog-like window with Source, Target, Help and Mirror buttons. The first two buttons open file dialogs where you define what is backed up and where it's backed up to. Click on the locations listed to their left, and a window to them will open. Help is obvious and Mirror invokes the backup.
There are only three options: Synchronize target (remove files in target location that don't exist at the source location), Minimize (the window — while running), and Auto exit, or exit after finishing.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW