ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
- Works as a virtual hard drive
- Only 1GB of free storage
Of course, if all you want is online storage, you can get 25GB absolutely free from Windows Live SkyDrive. But it doesn't work as a virtual drive, which is the core of ZumoDrive's appeal.
Not enough space on your Apple iPhone for all your music? Need more storage for your tiny netbook hard drive? ZumoDrive promises to solve conundrums like these by keeping your files in the cloud but making them accessible in real-time, just as though they were local.
In other words, ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
When you install the Windows or Mac client, ZumoDrive adds this virtual drive to your system, complete with prefab folders for music, photos, and documents. Just drag and drop your stuff to one of these folders (or create new ones — remember, the virtual drive works just like a regular drive) to copy it to the ZumoDrive cloud.
From there, you can access those files in any web browser or on any PC that has the ZumoDrive client installed. There's also a free iPhone app that lets you retrieve documents, photos, and music (which you can stream over 3G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi — a great workaround for memory-crunched devices). A Google Android version is coming soon.
You can get a free ZumoDrive account that includes 1GB of storage — enough for a smattering of files, but insufficient for most photo and MP3 collections. Plans start at US$2.99 per month for 10GB of storage and range up to $79.99 monthly for 500GB.
We really like the ZumoDrive service. It's a snap to set up and use, and it does solve the problem of storage-challenged PCs and iPhones.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- 2016 will be 1 second longer: Google can help you cope
- Microsoft declares summer's Windows 10 upgrade fit for business
- Stop pouting: Google’s Santa Tracker is updated just in time for the Christmas countdown
- You can finally watch Netflix offline now
- How to clear unwanted autofill entries in Google Chrome
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- CCAdobe AEM DeveloperVIC
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW