ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
- Works as a virtual hard drive
- Only 1GB of free storage
Of course, if all you want is online storage, you can get 25GB absolutely free from Windows Live SkyDrive. But it doesn't work as a virtual drive, which is the core of ZumoDrive's appeal.
Not enough space on your Apple iPhone for all your music? Need more storage for your tiny netbook hard drive? ZumoDrive promises to solve conundrums like these by keeping your files in the cloud but making them accessible in real-time, just as though they were local.
In other words, ZumoDrive is a virtual hard drive that lives online.
When you install the Windows or Mac client, ZumoDrive adds this virtual drive to your system, complete with prefab folders for music, photos, and documents. Just drag and drop your stuff to one of these folders (or create new ones — remember, the virtual drive works just like a regular drive) to copy it to the ZumoDrive cloud.
From there, you can access those files in any web browser or on any PC that has the ZumoDrive client installed. There's also a free iPhone app that lets you retrieve documents, photos, and music (which you can stream over 3G, EDGE, or Wi-Fi — a great workaround for memory-crunched devices). A Google Android version is coming soon.
You can get a free ZumoDrive account that includes 1GB of storage — enough for a smattering of files, but insufficient for most photo and MP3 collections. Plans start at US$2.99 per month for 10GB of storage and range up to $79.99 monthly for 500GB.
We really like the ZumoDrive service. It's a snap to set up and use, and it does solve the problem of storage-challenged PCs and iPhones.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCChange Manager - SAP FinanceNSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia