Hi there is another on the market http://www.killerdvds.com.au/ they have amazing deals and the service is great. Check them out
WebFlicks Online DVD Rentals
- 17,000 strong catalogue, Reasonable DVD turnaround, Good customer service.
- Unattractive interface, Too expensive
WebFlicks is a good online DVD rental service but it is in no way the best.
Price$ None (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 5 stores)
When you first go to the WebFlicks website, it looks like a poor cousin of the other Australian DVD Rental sites with a fairly unattractive interface. The garish orange and blue interface is far from sleek and aesthetically pleasing, but the functionality of the website is actually quite good. The search function is rather comprehensive and the menu system on the left of the page covers all the usual elements such as new to DVD, coming soon, new releases and a variety of specialty groupings. However, when you visit the new releases, it becomes painfully obvious that they are about a month behind their competitors with respect to their range.
Of the big three Australian Online DVD Rental websites, WebFlicks has the smallest range with only 17,000 titles. The fact that they don't have the absolute latest titles is a detriment to the service and is a large contributing factor when deciding which service to choose.
On the upside, their DVD Turnaround is quite reasonable. When we signed up to their trial we choose 15 titles to put on our list broken up into 10 new and recent releases and 5 older titles. It took about 5 days to get our first shipment from WebFlicks which was comprised of 3 recent releases and 1 older release. We sent them back two days later but received no new shipment before it was time to cancel our trial.
WebFlicks has a very limited trial period of two weeks, the same as their competitor QuickFlix, which we felt was not enough time for the average consumer to properly assess the merits of the service. The one month trial offered by BigPond Movies allowed for a more thorough representation of that company and should be a standard for all these services.
To add insult to injury, WebFlicks is also more expensive than its competitors, which is curious considering what they offer. If they had a wider range and the latest releases, they may have been able to justify their price point, but considering their service, it seems a little overblown.
Their customer service was quite good although we did find that they tended to send a few too many superfluous emails. When it came time to cancel our account we were very pleased with how easy it was. All we needed to do was click on button and it was done. We received a follow up email asking us to fill out a survey as to why we decided to cancel our account but that was the last we heard from them. We appreciated that fact quite a bit.
WebFlicks is a good online DVD rental service but it is in no way the best. It is almost on-par with QuickFlix as they tend to send out more DVDs at one time but their pricing, interface and range leaves them sitting in third place in our April roundup.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Report: Amazon building ad system to compete with Google's
- Airbnb to reveal 124 New York hosts to attorney general
- US warns 'significant number' of major businesses hit by Backoff malware
- HP loses its leader on NFV, a key carrier network trend
- Google acquires Gecko Design for next-generation products
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW