Virtual Mechanics SiteSpinner Standard 2.7 web design suite
A very reasonably priced web design program, SiteSpinner Standard does have a bit of a learning curve, with only a few customizable templates.
- No internal browser preview
SiteSpinner Standard's biggest advantage is its price. For the money, you get the ability to create a basic customised website, without being a web design expert. But you will need to have a sense of design and of basic web structure, to make it work well for you.
Price$ 55.95 (AUD)
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
The best way to start with SiteSpinner Standard is to open one of the few dozen templates. Then, double-click an object in the template to open the customise dialog. Or, you can drag and drop components onto the page, such as images, text, shapes, and music.
The program also has some basic drawing tools. If you already have a good idea of how you want your website to look and function, you can end up with rather nice results, without ever having to use markup. However, those who are comfortable with HTML have the option to access and edit it.
If you wish to create code that isn't directly supported by SiteSpinner, you can add a Code Object to your site. That's how you would append to the CSS that's generated by the program or add XML. SiteSpinner exports to HTML or SVG, and provides FTP upload controls.
Unlike the Pro version of SiteSpinner, the Standard version does not support interactive animation or web design for mobile devices. Nor does it export to DHTML or offer an internal browser preview.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC