Virtual Mechanics SiteSpinner Standard 2.7 web design suite
A very reasonably priced web design program, SiteSpinner Standard does have a bit of a learning curve, with only a few customizable templates.
- No internal browser preview
SiteSpinner Standard's biggest advantage is its price. For the money, you get the ability to create a basic customised website, without being a web design expert. But you will need to have a sense of design and of basic web structure, to make it work well for you.
Price$ 55.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
The sight of a blank page in any design program can be daunting, and that's the first screen that SiteSpinner Standard presents to the user. But the text-based (as opposed to video) tutorials will get most people up and running rather quickly.
The best way to start with SiteSpinner Standard is to open one of the few dozen templates. Then, double-click an object in the template to open the customise dialog. Or, you can drag and drop components onto the page, such as images, text, shapes, and music.
The program also has some basic drawing tools. If you already have a good idea of how you want your website to look and function, you can end up with rather nice results, without ever having to use markup. However, those who are comfortable with HTML have the option to access and edit it.
If you wish to create code that isn't directly supported by SiteSpinner, you can add a Code Object to your site. That's how you would append to the CSS that's generated by the program or add XML. SiteSpinner exports to HTML or SVG, and provides FTP upload controls.
Unlike the Pro version of SiteSpinner, the Standard version does not support interactive animation or web design for mobile devices. Nor does it export to DHTML or offer an internal browser preview.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
- Samsung eyes new enterprise opportunities in Australia
- Kids get their own travel app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCTest ManagerQLD