First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Solid design, Reasonable performance, Good price
- Screen too dim
The VX2025m is not the best monitor on the market but it is definitely great value.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 15 stores)
Think you can't afford a 20-inch wide-screen monitor? Consider the moderately priced ViewSonic VX2025wm. You'll find 19-inch regular-format monitors that cost more. However, at the same time, you'll find little to draw you to the VX2025wm beyond the screen.
The panel of the VX2025wm, enveloped in a black bezel, sits on a black-and-silver stand with a rectangular cutout. Rubber pads on the bottom of the stand prevent it from slipping. It's a nice-looking monitor, if not as gorgeous as Acer's Ferrari F-20. The VX2025wm forgoes the entertainment-friendly inputs that other 20-inch wide-screens offer. Tilt is its only physical adjustment; We would have liked to see height adjustment as well.
Like most ViewSonic products, the VX2025wm uses cryptic symbols on its screen control buttons. However, the buttons are easy to read, and the menus they summon are very easy to follow. The VX2025wm's documentation, more complete than that of most in its competitive set, include useful explanations for some commonly unexplained settings, such as the colour temperature settings.
In terms of image quality, the VX2025wm turns in a respectable performance. It received good scores on all text and graphics tests, neither distinguishing nor embarrassing itself on any particular one. We noticed the screen was too dim; had the default brightness been set higher, the VX2025wm might have scored better.
The ViewSonic VX2025wm may not be the fanciest 20-inch wide-screen out there, but its performance will handle basic monitor tasks. If your viewing needs are simple and your wallet's not eager to disgorge its contents, the VX2025 could be the 20-inch answer you're looking for.
Latest News Articles
- NSA spying revelations have tired out China's Huawei
- Brazil's senate passes Internet legislation ahead of NETmundial conference
- Aldi to sell Medion Android tab for sub-$200
- US to vote on sharp increase in broadband subsidies
- Coding error protects some Android apps from Heartbleed
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 LCD vs plasma vs LED TVs buying guide
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Monitors View all »
- 19% off $399.95
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Home Entertainment View all »
- Digital Video View all »