ViewSonic VX1962wm LCD monitor
ViewSonic's latest 19in monitor boasts an impressive native resolution of 1680x1050
- Native resolution of 1680x1050, stylish design, clear and crisp image, excellent viewing angles
- Bezel reflects office lighting, awkward button placement, stand isn't height adjustable
ViewSonic's VX1962wm 19in LCD monitor combines a stylish design with good image quality and a reasonable price, making it a decent option for the home office.
Price$ 259.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's 19in VX1962wm LCD monitor boasts a resolution of 1680x1050, which is normally reserved for 22in displays. Combined with a stylish design, good image quality and a reasonable price, this monitor is a good option for the home office.
The ViewSonic VX1962wm has a glossy black bezel, curved base and slim stand. The silver edging complements the bezel nicely, though we feel the thick silver line through the base detracts from the overall look and feel of the monitor. The bezel reflects office lighting, but the screen itself has a matte finish.
We really liked the blue glow of the power button when the monitor is powered on, though the rest of the controls aren't great. They are positioned awkwardly (underneath the bottom of the bezel) and aren’t backlit, so it's difficult to adjust settings at night. The VX1962wm's base only offers vertical tilt adjustment. The stand isn’t height adjustable and doesn’t tilt horizontally, though the monitor is wall mountable with a standard VESA mount.
The ViewSonic VX1962wm displays a crisp and clear image for most part, with text easily readable. Our main complaint lies with backlight bleeding: it doesn't impact on the overall experience too much, but it's especially noticeable along the top and bottom edges of the screen. There is also slight text banding though it's not a huge issue. A 2ms response time means the VX1962wm monitor handles fast motion well. We didn't notice any ghosting while playing games or watching movies. Contrast and colour reproduction are good and its performance is above average when displaying fine, dark details. Our DisplayMate tests revealed few flaws and showed the VX1962wm displays accurate colour gradients. Surprisingly, blacks are excellent, though we recommend turning down the brightness on the default settings to prevent colour wash out. The ViewSonic VX1962wm has impressive viewing angles. They are among the best we've seen from a TN (twisted nematic) panel, with almost no colour shift except when viewing the screen from above.
In the age of HD the lack of an HDMI input is a little disappointing, though at this relatively small size of this monitor it's not a significant omission. ViewSonic includes DVI and D-Sub VGA ports and there are cables for both connections in the sales package. The monitor has two small stereo speakers that sit on either side of the controls. They do a reasonable job despite their size.
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- LG to unveil curved ultrawide monitor at IFA
- Ultra high-definition and 3.5mm bezels are traits of AOC’s new monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCWeb / Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW