- 1000:1 contrast ratio, 8 ms response time, exceptional image quality, professional design
- No USB support
The Viewsonic VP930b delivers outstanding performance in every field. It is an exceptional product, which does exactly what it's designed to do at a professional level.
Price$ 889.00 (AUD)
The ViewSonic VP930b has incredible image quality and colour depth, along with a highly professional and functional design. It's a leader in 19" LCDs.
It has a native resolution of 1280 x 1024. With an astounding 1000:1 contrast ratio, the VP930 is capable of producing a depth of blacks unseen before on most LCD monitors. From bright, sharp whites to deep blacks, the entire range was clear and pronounced. Colours were rich and vibrant, and maintained a solid consistency across the entire screen. The ViewSonic also boasts a 170 degree viewing angle, and colour shift was almost unnoticeable.
Apart from its excellent image display, the monitor has an 8ms grey-to-grey response time (20ms black-white-black), making it great for games and movies. Fast moving images and text are often a problem with LCD technology, but the VP930 generally does them justice; we experienced only occasional blurring on fast moving objects, and no ghosting. The monitor has a brightness of 250 ANSI lumens, and brightness remained quite constant over the entirety of the screen.
The monitor is supported by a thick, black plastic stand, which allows swivelling of up to 270 degrees, and vertical adjustment of around 15 centimetres. In addition to tilting so that it faces up or down, the monitor can rotate 90 degrees, switching to a portrait view.
The 19" screen is surrounded by a thin black plastic bezel, which houses five slim buttons on the bottom; power, and navigation for the on screen display (OSD). Through the OSD, users can set brightness and contrast, adjust colours (a range of preset temperatures from 5000K to 9300K, sRGB or custom RGB levels), set screen size and more.
There are four connection options on the back panel; two VGA inputs, a DVI input and power.
With absolutely no major flaws in image display, a fast 8ms response time, brilliant colours and a pleasing design, the VP930b is an exceptional monitor, easily at the top of its class.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Payroll IntegrationVIC
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCWindows Server EngineerNSW
- FTDigital Account Manager - Online MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCProcurement Contract SpecialistQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW