- 1000:1 contrast ratio, 8 ms response time, exceptional image quality, professional design
- No USB support
The Viewsonic VP930b delivers outstanding performance in every field. It is an exceptional product, which does exactly what it's designed to do at a professional level.
Price$ 889.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
The ViewSonic VP930b has incredible image quality and colour depth, along with a highly professional and functional design. It's a leader in 19" LCDs.
It has a native resolution of 1280 x 1024. With an astounding 1000:1 contrast ratio, the VP930 is capable of producing a depth of blacks unseen before on most LCD monitors. From bright, sharp whites to deep blacks, the entire range was clear and pronounced. Colours were rich and vibrant, and maintained a solid consistency across the entire screen. The ViewSonic also boasts a 170 degree viewing angle, and colour shift was almost unnoticeable.
Apart from its excellent image display, the monitor has an 8ms grey-to-grey response time (20ms black-white-black), making it great for games and movies. Fast moving images and text are often a problem with LCD technology, but the VP930 generally does them justice; we experienced only occasional blurring on fast moving objects, and no ghosting. The monitor has a brightness of 250 ANSI lumens, and brightness remained quite constant over the entirety of the screen.
The monitor is supported by a thick, black plastic stand, which allows swivelling of up to 270 degrees, and vertical adjustment of around 15 centimetres. In addition to tilting so that it faces up or down, the monitor can rotate 90 degrees, switching to a portrait view.
The 19" screen is surrounded by a thin black plastic bezel, which houses five slim buttons on the bottom; power, and navigation for the on screen display (OSD). Through the OSD, users can set brightness and contrast, adjust colours (a range of preset temperatures from 5000K to 9300K, sRGB or custom RGB levels), set screen size and more.
There are four connection options on the back panel; two VGA inputs, a DVI input and power.
With absolutely no major flaws in image display, a fast 8ms response time, brilliant colours and a pleasing design, the VP930b is an exceptional monitor, easily at the top of its class.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Contact CentresNSW
- FTData ScientistNSW
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCSenior Project SpecialistVIC
- CCOracle DevelopersACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCSAP IS Retail Functional LeadVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW