- 1000:1 contrast ratio, 8 ms response time, exceptional image quality, professional design
- No USB support
The Viewsonic VP930b delivers outstanding performance in every field. It is an exceptional product, which does exactly what it's designed to do at a professional level.
Price$ 889.00 (AUD)
The ViewSonic VP930b has incredible image quality and colour depth, along with a highly professional and functional design. It's a leader in 19" LCDs.
It has a native resolution of 1280 x 1024. With an astounding 1000:1 contrast ratio, the VP930 is capable of producing a depth of blacks unseen before on most LCD monitors. From bright, sharp whites to deep blacks, the entire range was clear and pronounced. Colours were rich and vibrant, and maintained a solid consistency across the entire screen. The ViewSonic also boasts a 170 degree viewing angle, and colour shift was almost unnoticeable.
Apart from its excellent image display, the monitor has an 8ms grey-to-grey response time (20ms black-white-black), making it great for games and movies. Fast moving images and text are often a problem with LCD technology, but the VP930 generally does them justice; we experienced only occasional blurring on fast moving objects, and no ghosting. The monitor has a brightness of 250 ANSI lumens, and brightness remained quite constant over the entirety of the screen.
The monitor is supported by a thick, black plastic stand, which allows swivelling of up to 270 degrees, and vertical adjustment of around 15 centimetres. In addition to tilting so that it faces up or down, the monitor can rotate 90 degrees, switching to a portrait view.
The 19" screen is surrounded by a thin black plastic bezel, which houses five slim buttons on the bottom; power, and navigation for the on screen display (OSD). Through the OSD, users can set brightness and contrast, adjust colours (a range of preset temperatures from 5000K to 9300K, sRGB or custom RGB levels), set screen size and more.
There are four connection options on the back panel; two VGA inputs, a DVI input and power.
With absolutely no major flaws in image display, a fast 8ms response time, brilliant colours and a pleasing design, the VP930b is an exceptional monitor, easily at the top of its class.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTWeb Developer / Applications AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- TPUI/UX ConsultantWA
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst / DeveloperNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC