First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Although the model name has remained the same, ViewSonic has released two versions of the 19" VP912. In the more recent revision, the company replaced the antireflective screen with a new, antiglare screen. When we tested it, the first version had outstanding performance for in both text and graphics. The newer version, though still an excellent performer, fell short of its predecessor, earning a very good rating in both text and graphics performance tests.
- New antiglare screen, thin bezel
- Performance not as good as superceded model
An LCD with pleasing image quality that is packed with useful features.
Price$ 448.00 (AUD)
The new VP912b showed crisp text on our test screens. We liked the colour balance that the VP912b showed in our test screen of a group photo, and its depiction of a brightly coloured fruit tart was appealing. The new VP912b performed well in all our graphics tests. Aside from the screen, the new VP912b is identical to the old one. Dual-monitor users will appreciate the thin bezel, which minimises the interruption between images. The height, swivel and pivot adjustments let you set the monitor to the most comfortable viewing position; and a PerfectPortrait pivoting driver comes with the monitor. The VP912b's on-screen controls include five colour presets. This strong feature package and still-solid image quality enable the new VP912b to retain the honours won by its predecessor.
Latest News Articles
- Nokia Lumia 1520 Windows Phone
- Imation 2-in-1 Micro USB Flash drive for Android
- IN PICTURES: Game Masters exhibition explores history's most influential (+74 photos)
- South Korea court denies Samsung a ban on Apple's iPhone and iPad
- Banks shouldn't rely on mobile SMS passcodes, security firm says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 3 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Aldi's new budget Android smartphone isn't very good value
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- Home EntertainmentView all »
- Digital VideoView all »