- Excellent ergonomic adjustments, 4ms response time
- Text not crisp
The VP720b is a fairly good monitor for displaying graphics but is let down when reading text.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's VP720b is well suited for an office, offering various ergonomic adjustments and the option of wall mounting. Its image quality, however, was a mixed bag.
The VP720b performed better in our graphics tests than it did in our text tests. We noted the display's impressive rendering of fine colors in our test color scale and our photo of a fruit tart. But in a Microsoft Word document, we found that the VP720b seemed inconsistent - letters lacked crispness, though icons looked sharp.
A solid-footed monitor is always a plus in our book, and the VP720b delivers in spades in that regard. It can tilt, swivel, height-adjust, and pivot with the best of them, while the steady base keeping the screen firmly in place.
The VP720b claims a 4-millisecond response time. Screens with lower response times should in theory deliver smoother movement with less motion artifacting, but our real-world motion tests detected no discernable difference in motion quality between this display and products with 8ms or even 12ms response times.
You access a fairly straightforward set of screen adjustments via the display's front-mounted buttons. Software drivers and documentation are included on a CD. The monitor's manual installs itself on your PC as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The VP720b shines when displaying graphics, and a wealth of adjustments add to its appeal.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
- Dell's wild 8K monitor goes on sale with a just-as-stunning price tag
- LG's 4K HDR monitor gets a price and release date, heralding a new era for PC displays
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- CCDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst Forecaster - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTReporting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPAV Design SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC