- Excellent ergonomic adjustments, 4ms response time
- Text not crisp
The VP720b is a fairly good monitor for displaying graphics but is let down when reading text.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
ViewSonic's VP720b is well suited for an office, offering various ergonomic adjustments and the option of wall mounting. Its image quality, however, was a mixed bag.
The VP720b performed better in our graphics tests than it did in our text tests. We noted the display's impressive rendering of fine colors in our test color scale and our photo of a fruit tart. But in a Microsoft Word document, we found that the VP720b seemed inconsistent - letters lacked crispness, though icons looked sharp.
A solid-footed monitor is always a plus in our book, and the VP720b delivers in spades in that regard. It can tilt, swivel, height-adjust, and pivot with the best of them, while the steady base keeping the screen firmly in place.
The VP720b claims a 4-millisecond response time. Screens with lower response times should in theory deliver smoother movement with less motion artifacting, but our real-world motion tests detected no discernable difference in motion quality between this display and products with 8ms or even 12ms response times.
You access a fairly straightforward set of screen adjustments via the display's front-mounted buttons. Software drivers and documentation are included on a CD. The monitor's manual installs itself on your PC as an Adobe Acrobat file.
The VP720b shines when displaying graphics, and a wealth of adjustments add to its appeal.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
- LG's ultra-thin touchscreen panels will enable lighter, thinner notebooks
- Curved displays from TVs see uptake in PCs, monitors
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD