- Good picture quality, low price
- Some sound distortion
The good picture quality and great price would help you overlook limited speakers and the absence of preset modes.
Price$ 3,999.00 (AUD)
At 17kg, ViewSonic's N3000w is a very light 30" LCD TV, and at $3999, it is relatively inexpensive. But it's no lightweight at delivering good picture quality, delivering top-shelf results during colour and DVD quality tests. The usual rear audio/video ports are supplemented by easy-to-access composite video, RCA audio out, and mini-stereo headphone ports on the right side. A pair of two-way stereo speakers (10 watts each) provides virtual surround sound. They did well at medium volume levels in the small simulated living room we use for testing, but we heard some distortion after upping the volume for a televised jazz festival. The on-screen menu is easy to navigate, but you have to move it to a corner of the screen to see the effects of adjustments. There are no preset audio or video modes, and picture format options are limited to wide-screen and standard. You can't save individual settings for each input. Though the N3000w's quick-start guide and other documentation are serviceable, they lack an index. The remote has dedicated buttons for each input (a plus), but unlike the remotes on most other TV sets, it can't be used to control other equipment.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Report says Samsung's Tizen OS on smart TVs is a virtual playground for hackers
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Process Specialist | ProcurementVIC
- CCProcess Engineer- TelcoVIC
- FTTraining Lead | Up to $800 per dayVIC
- FTGeospatial Data AnalystVIC
- FTRisk and Quality ManagerNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCPersonal AssistantNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- FTHelpdesk AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, FinanceNSW
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- PTProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)QLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW