Ulead Photoimpact 10
PhotoImpact 10 attempts to keep ahead of the consumer image editing pack with a suite of graphic tools to satisfy those wishing to get creative with their photo collection.
Price$ 189.00 (AUD)
Ulead PhotoImpact 10 provides some strong tools for digital still camera users, as well as refinements to existing tools. However, the most noteworthy improvement to the latest version is the interface, bringing pallet and menu controls into line with other graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0.
Working with your image collections is now easier due to a separation of the Browse Manager from the Layer Manager. This allows you to follow the standard Windows convention for selecting files such as "drag and drop" on to the workspace and multiple file selections. The dockable panels have also replaced previous floating pallets, giving the interface more of a Photoshop look and feel.
An improved red-eye tool allows you to select multiple eyes, saving time and keeping the effect more consistent, while the editable smart lasso selection is useful when you need to precisely select an image area for editing. On the workflow side, an improved preview pane, with split windows showing a before-and-after shot, is better than the previous solution whereby you had to go through with the effect and revert if you were not satisfied.
Along with general HTML text support, you also get several Web page templates to help build a page with a few clicks. The program also supports Web safe colours, so your images have uniform colour across any browser. Current PhotoImpact users will be disappointed that GIF Animator 5.0, bundled with PhotoImpact 10, has still not changed from previous versions. So if you are looking at an upgrade to version 10 for the Web tools, don't bother. PhotoImpact 10 continues to develop with incremental feature upgrades to keep pace with the competition.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Latest News Articles
- PSA: Windows 10's Anniversary Update reactivates ads you've already disabled
- Analysts laud and lance new Microsoft browser armor
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW