Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5.0
- User-friendly Interface, Ad-Zapper Tool, Templates
- No Blu-Ray Support
DVD MovieFactory performs its tasks well and with a minimum of fuss. Its definitely worth a look.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
In the same way that countless home-makeover programs have ensured that every house must be in tiptop shape before it can be sold, the combination of today's supercharged PCs and sophisticated software means that our photos and home movies must look almost as polished as those of professionals.
Not that this should bother those who buy MovieFactory - this program offers a user-friendly interface and the promise of a highly professional end product.
MovieFactory's remit is wide-ranging, but the clean menu system is designed to let you tap into its features. And it has many nice touches. For example, contents can be copied to a disc without the need for a temporary storage device, while the trim facilities make it easy to narrow down video to just the crucial bits. Even more invaluable is the Ad-Zapper tool, which automatically detects and removes commercials.
Videos can be automatically enhanced and recordings made when you're away from the PC. There's a huge collection of templates and the range of transition effects seamlessly link sections together.
MovieFactory can work with HD (high-definition) camcorders, but it's not all good news on this front. Ulead has already had to back-pedal on its claims for next-gen DVD formats, having been forced to remove its support for Blu-ray. Nonetheless, MovieFactory continues to offer compatibility with HD-DVD. Unfortunately, since such devices are not yet available, we were unable to verify this claim.
DVD MovieFactory isn't an expensive package and what it does, it does well - and with considerable ease of use. We've yet to see how it'll work with next-gen equipment, but it's definitely worth the gamble.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior Project Manager, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia