Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
The program is available in two versions: a standard package offering basic editing and disc burning, and the more expensive Disc Creator Edition, for creating music and photo discs.
If you want to produce a disc as quickly as possible, the latest version of MovieFactory includes several improvements.
With Auto-Fit to Disk, MovieFactory 4.0 calculates how to fit your video on to one disc at the best possible quality. Quite useful. However, the ability to capture digital video broadcast (DVB-T) on the fly is less so. If quality matters so much, you should be using a professional application. MovieFactory was previously criticised for sacrificing a little too much complexity in pursuit of ease of use. This seems to have been addressed - in the Disc Creator package at least. Anyone who purchases this title will also be able to create music CDs or DVDs, including MP3 and DVD-audio discs. You get some of the new features mentioned above, such as Auto-Fit, as well.
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 also has tem-plates, menu layouts and navigation presets that will add gloss to your project.
Verdict MovieFactory 4.0 is a product for the occasional user. Despite the extra features, its straightforward interface could be frustrating for authors who wish to experiment. Our recommendation is for the more expensive Disc Creator package.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
- New Google prompt vastly simplifies two-factor authentication
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160617/AP/623Asia
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160620/AP/623Asia