Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4.0
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
DVD authoring software can be divided into two main camps: professional applications which can be difficult to use, but provide complete control; and those like DVD MovieFactory, where simplicity is the key.
The program is available in two versions: a standard package offering basic editing and disc burning, and the more expensive Disc Creator Edition, for creating music and photo discs.
If you want to produce a disc as quickly as possible, the latest version of MovieFactory includes several improvements.
With Auto-Fit to Disk, MovieFactory 4.0 calculates how to fit your video on to one disc at the best possible quality. Quite useful. However, the ability to capture digital video broadcast (DVB-T) on the fly is less so. If quality matters so much, you should be using a professional application. MovieFactory was previously criticised for sacrificing a little too much complexity in pursuit of ease of use. This seems to have been addressed - in the Disc Creator package at least. Anyone who purchases this title will also be able to create music CDs or DVDs, including MP3 and DVD-audio discs. You get some of the new features mentioned above, such as Auto-Fit, as well.
DVD MovieFactory 4.0 also has tem-plates, menu layouts and navigation presets that will add gloss to your project.
Verdict MovieFactory 4.0 is a product for the occasional user. Despite the extra features, its straightforward interface could be frustrating for authors who wish to experiment. Our recommendation is for the more expensive Disc Creator package.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
- YouTube is bringing live broadcasting for all to its mobile apps
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (ERP)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantWA
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- CCSAP Payroll Implement/Migration Project Manager/ SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCFMW DevelopersACT
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT