First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Ulead CD and DVD Pictureshow 4.0
Digital cameras are great, but how best to use all those images? There's been an explosion in the affordable photo-printer market and you can get your snaps printed online, or you can display pictures on handheld devices such as MP3 players. So far, so dull.
- Great interface
- Photo editing options could be better
This is intuitive, affordable software. Frankly, if you can’t make an entertaining slideshow using PictureShow, it might be time to review your picture-taking policy.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
But with the help of PictureShow 4.0 from Ulead, you can present your holiday snaps on the good old telly. And you can do so with such panache that you even may be able to convince your colleagues they are worth a look.
PictureShow creates slideshows from photos and video clips. Once you've set output options, the process works in three simple stages. First is "Organise". Point the software at your images, make tweaks and arrange your pictures. ExpressFix, PictureShow's integral photo editor, is no Photoshop killer, but it covers the basics.
Next, you "Theme" your project, selecting from headings such as "Vacations", "Special Events" and "Fantasyland". There are useable defaults so you can throw together a good-looking slideshow in minutes, but every aspect is customisable.
When you're happy with your masterpiece, go to Burn. You can save to a optical disc, your hard disk or both. You can also include the original image files, so you could send granny a slideshow to watch on TV, along with individual pictures for her to print out.
Latest News Articles
- US gov't IT worker pleads guilty to theft of funds
- Storage hardware sales hit by lower government spending
- Samsung, Philips among companies raided by EU antitrust investigators
- Should Facebook, Yahoo and Twitter really judge what's news?
- Box fuels international expansion with new funding
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 3 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Software and ServicesView all »
- SecurityView all »
- Servers & StorageView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »