Ulead CD and DVD Pictureshow 4.0
- Great interface
- Photo editing options could be better
This is intuitive, affordable software. Frankly, if you can’t make an entertaining slideshow using PictureShow, it might be time to review your picture-taking policy.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Digital cameras are great, but how best to use all those images? There's been an explosion in the affordable photo-printer market and you can get your snaps printed online, or you can display pictures on handheld devices such as MP3 players. So far, so dull.
But with the help of PictureShow 4.0 from Ulead, you can present your holiday snaps on the good old telly. And you can do so with such panache that you even may be able to convince your colleagues they are worth a look.
PictureShow creates slideshows from photos and video clips. Once you've set output options, the process works in three simple stages. First is "Organise". Point the software at your images, make tweaks and arrange your pictures. ExpressFix, PictureShow's integral photo editor, is no Photoshop killer, but it covers the basics.
Next, you "Theme" your project, selecting from headings such as "Vacations", "Special Events" and "Fantasyland". There are useable defaults so you can throw together a good-looking slideshow in minutes, but every aspect is customisable.
When you're happy with your masterpiece, go to Burn. You can save to a optical disc, your hard disk or both. You can also include the original image files, so you could send granny a slideshow to watch on TV, along with individual pictures for her to print out.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCData Analyst | Data Management Framework | Experience in RNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT