UK's Kalender is a free, no-frills, simple-to-use calendar and scheduling program
- Free, portable version available
- Doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, won't synch with online calendars
A useful if limited calendar and scheduling program, UK's Kalender is well worth a look.
Best Deals (Selling at 2 stores)
Using UK's Kalender you'll be able to easily set up single events or recurring events, as well as colour code them and add unique icons to make it easy to recognise them. The program includes holidays, so that you won't need to enter them yourself; they'll already be scheduled in.
You can also assign each event to a category, and then search for events using categories or via a text search, so that it's easy to find any scheduled event. There are also some nice touches here, such as a reporting capability that will show you the number of times you scheduled certain event. You also get alarms, and multiple ways you get to view your calendar, including weekly, fortnightly (a two-week view), monthly, or annually. There's also a useful to-do list creator.
If you're looking for something beyond basic, though, you'll want to look elsewhere. UK's Kalender doesn't import or export via the iCal calendar format, and it won't synch with online calendars such as Google Calendar. And if you get invitations via email, you won't be able to import them into the program.
However, if you don't need those capabilities, you'll find UK's Kalender a straightforward calendaring program worth the download. Now there's also a version of this program designed to work with removable drives such as USB drives so that you can take your calendar with you when using PCs other than your main one.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCechnical Specialist ApplicationsACT
- CCOperations Systems Support ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Team Leader Applications SupportACT
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical System Engineer (Linux/Mobile/SQL)160524/TSE/vmtAsia
- FTService Desk AnaylstNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW