- Low-cost DLP
- Dark, confusing menu system
The TDP-S25 improves on its S20 predecessor, but still lags behind competitors.
Price$ 1,998.70 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 7 stores)
The Toshiba's DLP technology generates a darker, more vibrant colour palette than that of an LCD projector. Its 2000:1 contrast ratio is much greater than the 400:1 and 500:1 ratios of the average LCD model. (In their favour, LCD projectors have more focused images.)
A brightness rating of 1800 ANSI lumens ensures that the projector will run well in a variety of light settings. The S25 weighs 3kg and is restricted to a native resolution support of 800 x 600 (SVGA).
The Toshiba is a little dark, and the bewildering menu system means it's hard to perfect the picture. This is a shame because the TDPS25's standard noise rating of 36dB is quieter than some of its competitors. In economy mode, the S25 can be cut to an extremely discreet 33dB.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- French crime database breaches privacy rights, EU court rules
- Ericsson dumps LTE modem business
- Toshiba slashes struggling consumer PC business
- Geeks' favorite DeNA interactive streaming platform looks beyond Japan
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.