Toshiba Qosmio G20
- Second backlight, TV tuner, Linux-based media player, virtual surround sound
The unique Qosmio G20 goes a long way to justifying its price with home entertainment features to die for.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 4 stores)
Toshiba's stylish new Qosmio (pronounced "koz-mio") G20 desktop replacement notebook uses Windows XP Media Center Edition and is ideal for the lounge room.
Its features include an specialised image processing chip and a second backlight in the 17" widescreen display to offer a brightness equivalent to that of a flat-panel television.
It also includes a remote and TV tuner, and there's a Linux-based system that enables the notebook to begin playing back CDs, DVDs and television almost immediately--without waiting for Windows to start.
The G20 features a virtual surround system and built-in harman/kardon speakers with subwoofer. Its core components include an Intel Pentium M 760 (2GHz) processor, 1GB of DDR memory, two 80GB hard disks, multiformat/double-layer DVD writer, built-in five-in-one card reader, Bluetooth and wireless networking.
Our PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark scored a credible 82 on the G20, and the G20's 128MB Nvidia GeForce Go 6600 graphics controller helped it achieve an very respectable score of 11,864 in 3DMark 2001. If you have deep pockets and want to merge your lounge appliances and PC into one streamlined device, look no further.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Malware program targets Hong Kong protesters using Apple devices
- Google triples bug bounty reward range to $15,000
- Ellison pushes Oracle's new Cloud platform hard, but questions linger
- Shellshock flaw could pose risks to payments industry
- Eftpos ushers in new era of centralisation
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.