Toshiba Qosmio G20
- Second backlight, TV tuner, Linux-based media player, virtual surround sound
The unique Qosmio G20 goes a long way to justifying its price with home entertainment features to die for.
Price$ 5,999.00 (AUD)
Toshiba's stylish new Qosmio (pronounced "koz-mio") G20 desktop replacement notebook uses Windows XP Media Center Edition and is ideal for the lounge room.
Its features include an specialised image processing chip and a second backlight in the 17" widescreen display to offer a brightness equivalent to that of a flat-panel television.
It also includes a remote and TV tuner, and there's a Linux-based system that enables the notebook to begin playing back CDs, DVDs and television almost immediately--without waiting for Windows to start.
The G20 features a virtual surround system and built-in harman/kardon speakers with subwoofer. Its core components include an Intel Pentium M 760 (2GHz) processor, 1GB of DDR memory, two 80GB hard disks, multiformat/double-layer DVD writer, built-in five-in-one card reader, Bluetooth and wireless networking.
Our PC WorldBench 5 productivity application benchmark scored a credible 82 on the G20, and the G20's 128MB Nvidia GeForce Go 6600 graphics controller helped it achieve an very respectable score of 11,864 in 3DMark 2001. If you have deep pockets and want to merge your lounge appliances and PC into one streamlined device, look no further.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Acer's new Predator gaming systems are powerful beasts that will also run your VR headset
- Apple updates MacBook with new processors, adds Rose Gold
- Hands on with NexDock, the laptop that isn't
- The Surface Pro 4 Type Cover gets fancy with premium Signature Edition
- Nvidia's Pascal GPU tech specs revealed: Full CUDA count, clock speeds, and more
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSystem EngineerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- FTGraduate IT Administration SupportVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW