TOPCOM WebT@lker 5000
- Ease-of-use and setup, large buttons, flip up colour display, built for Skype, good call quality, easy software update
- Incompatible with other VoIP programs/services, plastic casing
The Webt@lker 5000 is a convenient, easy-to-use desktop telephone that incorporates Skype. It doesn't work with other VoIP services, but if you're an avid Skype user, there is plenty to like about this handset.
Price$ 263.00 (AUD)
The TOPCOM Webt@lker 5000 is a corded desktop phone that connects to Skype without the need for a PC. Featuring a flip-up colour display, a large keypad and echo cancellation technology, the Webt@lker 5000 is an excellent, easy-to-use VoIP phone.
Essentially, the Webt@lker is just like any other VoIP phone, but it is configured and built specifically for Skype. Unfortunately, this means it won't work with any other VoIP client, nor does it double as a standard landline telephone. The positives outweigh the negatives though, and what's left is an excellent device for Skype users.
The best feature of the Webt@lker is its 2.4in flip up, colour display. Its brightness and clarity is excellent, and it can be adjusted at various angles. It displays plenty of relevant information including time, date, available Skype credit and Skype contacts. As it's fully integrated with Skype, you can change your Skype status, add contacts, and access Voicemail - all through the phone itself.
The outer casing of the phone is a matte black and silver plastic, and although it's not an ugly device by any means, the plastic doesn't look or feel as solid as it should. The large keypad and buttons are a highlight though; they are easy to press and comfortable when entering any other information, such as passwords and usernames.
Ease-of-use and setup is notable. Simply plug the phone into your router using the included Ethernet cable and connect to AC power and the Webt@lker is ready to use. Conveniently, TOPCOM includes AC power jacks for all continents in the sales package.
Voice quality is excellent. Calls were crisp and clear and our callers didn't complain of any echo or distortion - both regular complaints with the Skype service. The hands-free speakerphone was also loud and clear and conveniently activates automatically if you don't lift the handset. Do keep in mind though that the quality of Skype calls depends on the quality of your Internet connection and service.
For SkypeIn calls, the Webt@lker has three ringtones to choose from, but none of them are traditional ring styles. The volume is fairly loud at its highest setting and the handset also boasts keypad and notification tones - both of which can be turned off. An excellent feature is the software update; simply select it from the main menu and any new software or firmware is automatically downloaded and updated on the handset.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Chips coming by June will herald the next generation of Wi-Fi
- Plume's 'routerless' mesh network blankets your home in Wi-Fi with an army of tiny pods
- Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router goes all the way to 11
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- Telstra’s ‘Free Data Day” sets new record for mobile downloads
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCTableau ConsultantVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)ACT
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- FTProject / Implementation Coordinator (Junior-Mid Level) Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD