THQ Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
The gap-toothed sponge we all find strangely amusing stars in another video game that turns out to be better than expected. Fancy that.
- Cool control scheme
- Simple gameplay won't appeal to some
It all works quite well and should prove entertaining to the little ones. The quirky humour and gameplay will be a little too simple for more mature tastes but younger gamers should definitely tune into this one.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Let us admit something that most adults won't: we love Spongebob Squarepants. We can't get enough of his nautical adventures. Honestly, we probably appreciate the little yellow guy more than most children do. But as great as the show is, the video games haven't been so great, so we were a little hesitant to give Creature from the Krusty Krab a try.
But, must to our surprise, the game is actually decent. The best part is the control scheme, which takes full advantage of the touch screen. You swipe the stylus left or right to make the characters move, you swipe down to make them stop and you swipe up to make them jump. You can also interact with the environment using the stylus: for instance, you can pull switches to lower bridges and stun enemies with a quick tap.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 3 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
- 4 LG G3 review
- 5 Nokia Lumia 930 review
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia pumps more horsepower into flagship graphics chips
- CloudFlare can provide its caching service without your SSL keys
- iPhone 6 fans brave Dengue mosquitoes in Tokyo
- Larry Ellison's best zingers: a look back
- Mysterious entity acquires TwitPic, saving it from death
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.