First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
THQ Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
The gap-toothed sponge we all find strangely amusing stars in another video game that turns out to be better than expected. Fancy that.
Let us admit something that most adults won't: we love Spongebob Squarepants. We can't get enough of his nautical adventures. Honestly, we probably appreciate the little yellow guy more than most children do. But as great as the show is, the video games haven't been so great, so we were a little hesitant to give Creature from the Krusty Krab a try.
- Cool control scheme
- Simple gameplay won't appeal to some
It all works quite well and should prove entertaining to the little ones. The quirky humour and gameplay will be a little too simple for more mature tastes but younger gamers should definitely tune into this one.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
But, must to our surprise, the game is actually decent. The best part is the control scheme, which takes full advantage of the touch screen. You swipe the stylus left or right to make the characters move, you swipe down to make them stop and you swipe up to make them jump. You can also interact with the environment using the stylus: for instance, you can pull switches to lower bridges and stun enemies with a quick tap.
Latest News Articles
- On snooping disclosures, AT&T and Internet companies are like night and day
- Yahoo buys concert live-streaming startup Evntlive
- Wall Street Beat: Tech stocks hit 13-year high
- DARPA makes finding software vulnerabilities fun
- Mobile chip speed wars have to end, Broadcom chairman says
Most Popular Articles
- 1 How to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Google Edition
- 2 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 3 Capacitive vs resistive touchscreens
- 4 Aldi's new budget 8in Android tablet has 3G, makes phone calls
- 5 Samsung targets Galaxy of kids with latest tablet
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- GamesView all »
- Software and ServicesView all »
- PC ComponentsView all »
- Desktop PCsView all »
- NotebooksView all »