THQ Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
The gap-toothed sponge we all find strangely amusing stars in another video game that turns out to be better than expected. Fancy that.
- Cool control scheme
- Simple gameplay won't appeal to some
It all works quite well and should prove entertaining to the little ones. The quirky humour and gameplay will be a little too simple for more mature tastes but younger gamers should definitely tune into this one.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- SpongeBob Squarepants Krusty Krab Employee of t... 104.99
Let us admit something that most adults won't: we love Spongebob Squarepants. We can't get enough of his nautical adventures. Honestly, we probably appreciate the little yellow guy more than most children do. But as great as the show is, the video games haven't been so great, so we were a little hesitant to give Creature from the Krusty Krab a try.
But, must to our surprise, the game is actually decent. The best part is the control scheme, which takes full advantage of the touch screen. You swipe the stylus left or right to make the characters move, you swipe down to make them stop and you swipe up to make them jump. You can also interact with the environment using the stylus: for instance, you can pull switches to lower bridges and stun enemies with a quick tap.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Film Victoria backs women in gaming with new fellowships
- Nintendo kicks off 2016 with new Zelda release and new 3DS
- Expensive gaming desktops and laptops thrive in slumping PC market
- The PS4 is the fastest selling console in Sony’s history
- Assassin's Creed Syndicate PC review impressions: This gorgeous, mostly smooth game is no Unity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FT.NET Tech LeadVIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIBM InfoSphere ConsultantACT
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD