Teds Camera Store Online Photo Printing
- Cheap if you buy in bulk, Panoramic shot
- Clunky software, Expensive postage
If you want a few 8x12 inch prints or some bulk purchases, check Ted's service out. For smaller batches the postage and higher costs mean there's better options elsewhere.
Price$ 0.39 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 4 stores)
Ted's is the most popular camera store on the internet, so it was a logical progression for them to branch out into photo printing. The service they offer is based on AGFA's infrastructure, and is competitively priced when you buy in bulk.
The cost is comparable to Harvey Norman's prices when you purchase over 100 copies. $0.29 for a standard shot and $1.00 for a 6x8 is as cheap as they come and $1.75 for an 8x12 is nothing short of phenomenal. That said the cost goes up to about average when purchasing a more normal amount of prints. Standard 4x6 shots will then cost you $0.39 and 6x8s set you back $2.00, but the 8x12 is still fantastic value. For bigger prints this should be your first choice.
Ted's doesn't offer the greatest range of shot sizes, with this print being their maximum, however they do have a 4x12 inch panoramic shot, which may be appropriate for those that enjoy stitching together multiple pictures. No other options are available to customise your prints.
The low cost is somewhat mitigated by ridiculously high postage costs. Some companies offer delivery for as little as $2.50, so Ted's $5.5 for under 100 shots, and monstrous $11 for orders over that amount will significantly add to the cost of some orders. Postage will typically take 5-7 days but we found it to be much quicker, and got our shots in just three days. You also have the option of picking up from a Ted's store, of which there are several across the country.
We found Ted's interface to be useable, but not fantastic. The proprietary software doesn't quite walk you through the process like others do, and it took us a few minutes to successfully navigate our way to payment. Like most of it's competitors, it offers basic image editing options, but nothing too fancy.
Images produced by the AGFA printing service were quite good, but noticeably darker than the competition. In comparable foliage shots, the shadows around the leaves were a very dark green, compared to a lighter shade in other shots. The one exception to this seemed to be the colour red, which was much lighter than in any of our other shots. Edges were crisp and reasonably sharp. Overall, these were not the best shots we've looked at, but there will satisfy most people.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCProject/ Change ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC
- FTSharepoint Developer - O365NSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCSystem Engineer - Server Migration experienceNSW
- FTSOA Tech LeadNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer / Technical LeadACT
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- FTOPEN _ ASAP_Technical Specialist COEACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTLinux System EngineersNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCDeployment Project EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- FT.Net Junior DeveloperNSW