Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6
- Exceptional bass even without a subwoofer, brilliant separation, great treble and mid-range
Made for the true audio enthusiast, Tannoy's Revolution Signature DC6 speakers don't come cheaply, but they offer absolutely phenomenal sound quality that has to be heard to be believed.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
So assuming you've scrolled down this page and read everything from top to bottom, instead of just skipping down to the really good bits you will have seen that the Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6 package contains a mere two stand-alone speakers and retails for nearly $3000. For many users the thought of paying such an extravagant sum for a relatively basic thing like an audio system may seem absurd, but these speakers aren't targeted at those users. Instead they are high performance machines designed for audiophiles who want the best and are willing to pay to get it.
The sound quality of the DC6 is nothing short of stunning; they are probably the best speakers we have had through the office at the time of writing. The price tag is similarly high, but you definitely get what you pay for.
What stood out most during our testing was the quality of the bass. Despite having no subwoofer connected, these speakers produced a soundscape rich in bass. It was powerful and extended deeply, without overshadowing any of the other elements of our tunes. It had fairly quick decay although the overall sound was still quite full.
The mid-range was similarly rich. It was less analytical than the Tannoy Revolution DC4 which we reviewed earlier, but it was still extremely detailed and reasonably close to neutral. Guitar strings had a somewhat gritty, metallic sound that really adds flavour to rock songs.
Meanwhile the high frequency range was incredible. The extension on treble notes was exceptional and while they became slightly shrill at times they were never harsh or fatiguing. The overall transition from bass to treble was liquid smooth with no noticeable humps or colouring of the sound.
Perhaps the best part of the DC6's audio was their phenomenal separation. Every tiny facet of the music, from snare drums to backing vocals and percussion instruments all sounded totally distinct from one another, yet flowed together smoothly. It is really amazing to listen to your favourite tracks on a system like this for the first time because you wind up discovering all these subtleties that are simply lost on most speakers and headphones.
Despite only using two speakers, this package produced an excellent soundstage. This was particularly evident in our classical music and epic heavy metal tests which were extremely immersive, seemingly hitting us from all angles at once.
As each speaker has two drivers they can be bi-wired if your receiver supports it, or single wired if not. There is also a fifth cable connection for a grounding lead which can also help improve sound quality if available on your amp.
Aesthetically the DC6 unit looks wonderful, with a subtle, dark wood-grain finish that will slip seamlessly into a modern home entertainment setup. The front is covered by a black speaker grill that is secured by magnets, meaning it is easy to remove and re-attach.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Latest News Articles
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- Google eyes remote content controls for parents in YouTube Kids app
- Up next for Apple TV: 4K streaming reportedly in the works
- Apple’s original TV shows are almost ready for prime time
- Apple snags Amazon Fire TV exec to lead Apple TV efforts
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPeoplesoft DeveloperACT
- CCUser ResearchNSW
- FTIntegration DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst - UX experience NeededNSW
- FTSolution Architect (Voice/DATA/Network)SA
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- FTMid-Level .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSAP DevelopersSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- TPTesting SpecialistQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)ACT
- FTContracts ManagerNSW