Symantec Norton Password Manager 2004
A niche product with a good interface that does what it says.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Password management is a fairly niche area but, as it falls under the broader umbrella of Internet security, Symantec has released a product to take care of all password management needs.
Norton Password Manager 2004 acts as a central repository for all your passwords, credit card numbers and address details, saving you the hassle of remembering all those clever passwords you dreamed up. Instead, you have a single master password for Norton Password Manager that provides easy, automatic access to all your important details. It can be set to fill in automatically most password boxes and online forms currently available.
Password Manager uses Profiles if more than one person uses a single computer and a single user can have multiple profiles tailored to suit their needs. If you choose to store credit card numbers and passwords for other sensitive information, keeping prying eyes out of your profile is, clearly, of the utmost priority. To this end, Symantec provides three levels of security from which to choose.
During the first few days of use, Password Manager will gradually gather all your passwords. After it is fully 'trained', it stores them in an encrypted format on your local PC. If a password is too weak, Password Manager will advise you on how to make it stronger.
All in all, the program does exactly what it says it will and does it smoothly and faultlessly. Occasional applications and Web sites may not get detected, but there are workarounds.
Strong encryption: don't forget your master password, because there's no way to retrieve it.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft Translator now translates text from images, increases language support
- YouTube dives into VR, live-streaming with 360 video
- Netflix stops insisting it will never support offline videos
- YouTube rolling out live 360-degree videos with immersive Coachella experience
- Podcasts are now on the air in Google Play Music
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSql Server Database Administrator (SAP)QLD
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Contact Centre TechnologiesVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTData AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- FTSolution Architect (Guidewire Billing Center)NSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC