First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond: dainty, with attractive black accents and a robust clip to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
- Cheap, HD, good video quality
- No auto-focus
If you’re after an inexpensive webcam for your first foray into video-messaging then the Sweex HD Diamond webcam is ideal.
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
- Sweex 2.0 Speaker Set Usb SP040 19.49
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
The head of the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can be swivelled through 360 degrees and tilted up or down - ideal for getting the camera angled comfortably and ensuring you're properly in shot. It also comes with a 150cm cable, so you won't need to worry about where to position the device if your PC's USB port isn't located close to your monitor.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond was simplicity itself to install. Sweex provides the necessary software after which we plugged in the webcam to out USB port.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can capture video up to 1600x1200 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps) or still images at a resolution of 2Mp. We found the resulting video clear and smooth, with good colours and no pixellation. There was no flare on our harsh office lighting either. However, sound was slightly poorer than some of the others we tested, and it picked up quite a lot of background noise.
Unlike the other devices we reviewed in our webcams group test, the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond doesn't have auto-focus. Instead, you'll need to rotate the black ring surrounding the lens, left or right, until your image is in focus. This actually gives you control, rather than the webcam.
Latest News Articles
- MongoDB snags key Oracle engineer
- FTC's in-app purchasing cases ignored consumer benefits, critics say
- Some SAP users remain unhappy with pricier Enterprise Support
- Twitter reports a rise in government data requests
- Report: CIA improperly accessed Senate computers
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 Top five budget smartphones money can buy (Part I, 2014)
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Digital Video View all »
- $19.49 free shipping
- Digital Cameras View all »
- Notebooks View all »
- Desktop PCs View all »
- Tablets View all »