Sweex HD Webcam Diamond
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond: dainty, with attractive black accents and a robust clip to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
- Cheap, HD, good video quality
- No auto-focus
If you’re after an inexpensive webcam for your first foray into video-messaging then the Sweex HD Diamond webcam is ideal.
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
The head of the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can be swivelled through 360 degrees and tilted up or down - ideal for getting the camera angled comfortably and ensuring you're properly in shot. It also comes with a 150cm cable, so you won't need to worry about where to position the device if your PC's USB port isn't located close to your monitor.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond was simplicity itself to install. Sweex provides the necessary software after which we plugged in the webcam to out USB port.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can capture video up to 1600x1200 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps) or still images at a resolution of 2Mp. We found the resulting video clear and smooth, with good colours and no pixellation. There was no flare on our harsh office lighting either. However, sound was slightly poorer than some of the others we tested, and it picked up quite a lot of background noise.
Unlike the other devices we reviewed in our webcams group test, the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond doesn't have auto-focus. Instead, you'll need to rotate the black ring surrounding the lens, left or right, until your image is in focus. This actually gives you control, rather than the webcam.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- U2 tours with all-flash array to rock latest video effects
- Presto finds an unlikely ally in Quickflix
- Olympus targets movie makers with OM-D E-M5 Mark II camera
- Foxtel bands with Seven Network ahead of Neftlix's upcoming launch
- SanDisk eyes 4K video market with high-speed 512GB SD card
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Software Engineer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst / PMO LeadVIC
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - VMwareNSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- CCAndroid and iOS DevelopersVIC
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW