Sweex HD Webcam Diamond
Sweex HD Webcam Diamond: dainty, with attractive black accents and a robust clip to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
- Cheap, HD, good video quality
- No auto-focus
If you’re after an inexpensive webcam for your first foray into video-messaging then the Sweex HD Diamond webcam is ideal.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond is dainty and weighs a sylphlike 80g. Measuring 55x60x55mm, the silver-coloured HD Diamond has attractive black accents and features a robust clip that folds out from the base of the device to ensure it sits securely on a laptop screen or monitor.
The head of the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can be swivelled through 360 degrees and tilted up or down - ideal for getting the camera angled comfortably and ensuring you're properly in shot. It also comes with a 150cm cable, so you won't need to worry about where to position the device if your PC's USB port isn't located close to your monitor.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond was simplicity itself to install. Sweex provides the necessary software after which we plugged in the webcam to out USB port.
The Sweex HD Webcam Diamond can capture video up to 1600x1200 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps) or still images at a resolution of 2Mp. We found the resulting video clear and smooth, with good colours and no pixellation. There was no flare on our harsh office lighting either. However, sound was slightly poorer than some of the others we tested, and it picked up quite a lot of background noise.
Unlike the other devices we reviewed in our webcams group test, the Sweex HD Webcam Diamond doesn't have auto-focus. Instead, you'll need to rotate the black ring surrounding the lens, left or right, until your image is in focus. This actually gives you control, rather than the webcam.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- D-Link camera can be hijacked to become a spy-cam
- Nvidia's pricey Shield Android TV adds some value with 4K YouTube and Netflix HDR in US
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- Nearly 100 classic NFL games headed to YouTube
- Netflix isn’t big on virtual reality for the obvious reasons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD