Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400)
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) review: Contemporary stylish design and good performance
- Unobtrusive design, fair price, works well
- Plastic feels a little cheap
The Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) performed well in our tests and we were impressed by its very fair price tag.
Price$ 139.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Multiprocessor Compact Silver 149.95
The Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) costs $149, which is a lot more reasonable than the $599 asking price of the Dyson AM02 Tower fan.
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan: Features and design
Standing 115cm tall and approximately 12.5cm in diameter, the Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan (FA7400) won't take up much room wherever you put it.
The semi-glossy black plastic body feels slightly cheap and flimsy, but the design makes the fan very light and easy to transport. On top of the fan is a handy remote control storage compartment surrounded by control buttons. An illuminated display screen on the front shows the fan's current settings the ambient temperature of the room. Notable functions include: oscillation (rotation), three fan speed settings, an ioniser setting, and nature and sleep wind modes which when switched on alternate air flow settings at various intervals.
An internal turbine column sucks in air from behind the unit and blasts it out through the front, delivering an even and powerful breeze. The Summit Tower is far quieter than the Dyson AM02 Tower fan, but feels almost equally as powerful.
An ioniser mode can be switched to remove microscopic particles from the air — useful for those who suffer from allergies, asthma and other respiratory issues.
Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan: Performance
The Sunbeam Summit Tower fan works like a charm: it is easy to use and has an impressive air flow reach of about 8.6 meters. When oscillation is switched on the fan can easily disperse cool air throughout a large room, such as a lounge room.
The programmable sleep timer allows you to set a time for the fan to switch off, which is a great way to save power. The addition of an ioniser also makes the Summit Tower a good choice for allergy sufferers. Overall we are very pleased with the Sunbeam Summit Tower Fan, and it's priced fairly as well.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Project Brillo is an OS for the home -- and a lot more
- Photos: Samsung's next generation of connected home appliances
- Origin Smart Energy Monitor allows users to keep an eye on consumption, but only in Victoria for now
- Panasonic puts your laundry in the cloud
- Deal of the day: Nespresso U for $252
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW