A stylish Bluetooth speakerphone that offers decent value for money.
- Design, ease of use, available in multiple colours, reasonable value for money
- Sound quality could be improved, no advanced features
Sound quality isn't the best and there aren't too many advanced features, but for the price the Sudio Vogue is reasonable value.
Price$ 89.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 5 stores)
Bluetooth hands-free speakerphones are often drab, but Sudio is attempting to change this with the introduction of the Vogue: a compact speakerphone available in four different colours. While we appreciate the design, this speakerphone's quality could be improved.
The Vogue is one of the smallest speakerphones we've reviewed and the colours are a nice change from the often bland black or grey models we're used to seeing. You can choose black, white, pink and blue models, though we're not sure that these will match many current cars' decor.
The best aspect of the Vogue is its simplicity. While all speakerphones are usually simple to operate, the Vogue takes it to the next level. Once paired, you simply clip it to your visor and it works. Though it does lack some advanced features, such as the ability to stream sound through your car radio, it offers quite good value for money.
Pairing is as easy as pressing the multifunction button for seven seconds. Pairing mode is denoted by a long beep and a flashing blue and red LED. Simply search for the Sudio Vogue in your phone's Bluetooth menu, enter the default passcode and you are connected. We tested the Vogue with the iPhone 3G and found it worked without too many issues.
The Vogue has just four buttons: volume up and down, mute, and a multifunction button that doubles as a power key. Answering or ending a call is as simple as pushing the multifunction button, while tapping it activates voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone). You can also transfer a call from the Vogue to your phone (and vice versa) and redial the last number you called.
According to Sudio the Vogue uses a digital signal processor to reduce ambient noise and echoes, but this speakerphone's performance is lacklustre at best. With your car window down, outgoing audio suffers immensely, with plenty of distortion reported by call recipients. Incoming audio fares a little better, though the volume could use a bit of a boost even at its highest level.
The Vogue provides a battery life of up to 10 hours' talk time and up to 480 hours' standby time. Conveniently, it includes an auto power-off function that activates after one hour of not being used. The battery is removable, so it can be replaced if necessary.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Intel knocked itself out of the smartphone chip market
- LG shows off a smartphone display panel with integrated fingerprint reader
- Smartphone uptake passes its peak as industry appetite wanes
- As tablet sales take a dive, analysts expect smartphone vendors to launch convertibles
- Samsung explains why it’s all in on VR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSharepoint DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Systems Analyst - eCommerce PaymentsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCAssistant Project OfficerACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgram Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - BINSW
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSr. Project ManagerVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCHi-Portfolio ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- FTFunctional Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystem testersACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC