Stardock BootSkin 1.05a
- Small download, Simple interface, works a charm
- Not many BootSkins to choose from
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you.
Every day it's the same old thing; the black screen and that windows logo day in and day out. But what if you could change your windows load screen? What if there was a way to make it anything your heart desired? Thanks to Stardock there is a safe and easy way to customise your windows boot screen with BootSkin 1.05a.
BootSkin is a tiny program which take no time at all to set up. Once installed you can choose from five preset boot screens or head over to the BootSkin website to choose from a further 25. If you fancy yourself a bit of a designer you can also try your hand at making your own boot screens using the tools provided on the Stardock website.
We found the program extremely easy to use and had no problems downloading the extra skins from the website. However, the skins available are made by the modding community and, as such, they vary in quality. Some are good but many are just variations on skins already made available. With the right know-how involving graphic design, this would be a supremely useful program.
Since BootSkin doesn't change the Windows XP system files to accomplish its task, it is completely safe to use. We changed the boot screen ten times in a row and had no problems whatsoever.
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you. Although there aren't many skin choices on their website, it is still a great idea which has been executed well.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Latest News Articles
- What Microsoft is taking away from Windows 10 in the Anniversary Update
- PowerDVD 16 gains 360-degree video playback: Here's how it works
- Microsoft will miss its one billion Windows 10 device target
- Google is working to make every website viewable in VR
- Twitter's new stickers are more useful than Snapchat
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCProject Coordinator - Baseline SecurityVIC
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160818/P/265Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCPortfolio Delivery ManagerACT
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW