Stardock BootSkin 1.05a
- Small download, Simple interface, works a charm
- Not many BootSkins to choose from
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you.
Every day it's the same old thing; the black screen and that windows logo day in and day out. But what if you could change your windows load screen? What if there was a way to make it anything your heart desired? Thanks to Stardock there is a safe and easy way to customise your windows boot screen with BootSkin 1.05a.
BootSkin is a tiny program which take no time at all to set up. Once installed you can choose from five preset boot screens or head over to the BootSkin website to choose from a further 25. If you fancy yourself a bit of a designer you can also try your hand at making your own boot screens using the tools provided on the Stardock website.
We found the program extremely easy to use and had no problems downloading the extra skins from the website. However, the skins available are made by the modding community and, as such, they vary in quality. Some are good but many are just variations on skins already made available. With the right know-how involving graphic design, this would be a supremely useful program.
Since BootSkin doesn't change the Windows XP system files to accomplish its task, it is completely safe to use. We changed the boot screen ten times in a row and had no problems whatsoever.
If customizing your windows experience is something on your list of priorities, then BootSkin is the program for you. Although there aren't many skin choices on their website, it is still a great idea which has been executed well.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCSecurity Analyst - multiple rolesACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTMicrosoft ConsultantVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC