- Packed with features including still/video camera and video recorder, outputs to TV
- Slow to index files, crashes occasionally
The Sorell SV-10 includes an enormous range of features, like direct encoding, FM radio support, and a 1.3 megapixel camera, but a few software issues hold the player back.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The Korean-manufactured SV-10 features 20GB of memory in an attractive silver and grey package, and rolls in a number of features that set it apart from other media players. For a start, it offers an inbuilt 1.3 megapixel camera. It's also capable of recording video at a maximum of 15 frames per second at 640 x 480, or 30fps at 320 x 240 pixels, and has the ability to record FM radio straight to MP3.
The Sorell SV-10 ships with a massive a range of extras including an RCA adapter, USB charge cable, headphones, pouch with belt clip, strap, polishing cloth, and software bundle. A basic manual is also provided, but it is both well laid out and easy to read and understand.
The device is compatible with a wide range of formats, including MPEG 1/2/2.5/layer-3 and WMA audio, along with AVI, ASF, WMV, XviD and DivX (3.x, 4.x and 5.x) video files. Another handy feature is specific support for SMI movie subtitles.
The device measures 116 x 78 x 23mm and weighs a mere 220g. The colour screen measures 3.5" and is clear and bright. Sorell has done a good job in cramming a lot of functions and features into a physically small space. Both line-in and out connectors are on the left-hand face, while power input, USB and headphones are on the right.
On the left-hand side of the screen is a small joystick that controls navigation. It works well--even for those with larger fingers--and the placement of power and function buttons on the right-hand side of the screen means the device can be operated with two hands. LEDs are present to indicate power and charge, and a microphone input sits above the display.
You can plug the device into a TV using the supplied RCA composite adapter and play back media content in your lounge room. The lithium polymer battery lasted for seven hours of video playback and about 13 for music. The SV-10 is backed up by a one-year warranty.
A few little glitches let the machine down. For instance, every time you turn the machine on to play music, it re-indexes your MP3 collection. On a database of 1000 songs, this process took 14 seconds, during which time the device was unusable. It also locked up a couple times during testing, giving us the impression that while the device offers plenty of features, it requires a little more polish.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCNetIQ Development & SupportNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator (DBA)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)WA