Sony Ericsson MRC-60
- Remote control, design, ease of use
- Doesn't double as USB dock
The MRC-60 is a straightforward solution to playing music on your mobile phone through your home stereo setup.
Price$ 82.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson MRC-60 is a handy accessory that allows you to connect your mobile phone to a home stereo and control it via a remote control. The MRC-60 can control both the media player and FM radio of your phone, and the cradle doubles as a charging dock.
The MRC-60 is a really simple device; dock your phone in the cradle, plug the included RCA stereo cable into your home theatre and press play on the remote control. Ease of use is apparent, and the setup is quick and easy. Also included in the sales package is an AC charger, which plugs into the rear of the cradle next to the stereo cable. Connecting the charger means your phone will be charged every time you dock it in the cradle.
Unfortunately, despite the presence of a proprietary Sony Ericsson port, the MMC-60 doesn't double as a USB connection to your PC. We felt this would have been an excellent inclusion; specifically for those with media centre PCs. Not only could you have the phone plugged into your stereo, but it could also be synchronised with your media centre, allowing new music to be uploaded easily.
The remote control is small and compact and it includes a five-way navigational pad, answer and end call keys (for answering a call with speakerphone) as well as a source button, for switching between the multimedia player and the FM radio on your phone. The buttons do require a fair press to operate, and they are fairly flat, but overall, the remote is quite intuitive. Conveniently, holding down the previous/next buttons in the FM radio function automatically searches for frequencies.
The design of the MRC-60 is sleek and flashy, and it matched our K810i review handset perfectly. The purple light at the bottom of the cradle is a nice touch, and each time the remoter is pressed, the light flashes to indicate activity. It is compatible with the K530i, K800i, K810i, K850i, W660i, W850i and W960i handsets.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager TelecommunicationsQLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCTest ManagerWA
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD