Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact and stylish. It also offers good sound quality for its price.
- Compact, decent build quality, easy to use, reasonable call quality
- Can be uncomfortable for long calls, incoming audio fluctuates
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact, features a minimalist design and provides reasonable call quality, though it doesn't offer a wealth of features.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
A basic and affordable Bluetooth headset, Sony Ericsson's HBH-PV715 does the job with a minimum of fuss and provides good audio quality.
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 is one of the smallest Bluetooth headsets available. It has a gloss black front and matte black casing on its rear; it is very minimalist. Despite the fairly compact size, the plastic casing feels solid and the HBH-PV715 is well built.
The ear-bud design of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset means it can be worn without an ear hook if you desire, though there are two different sized clip-on ear hooks included in the sales package. Although the rubber edge around the ear bud softens its feel against your skin, the ear-bud style may be a little uncomfortable for some users. We didn't have too many issues using the HBH-PV715 without an ear hook, but for prolonged conversations, using the clip on ear hook is recommended. Conveniently, the Bluetooth headset can be worn on either ear.
Operating the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is quite simple. There are only three buttons: a tiny power button on the back, a call handling button on the front and side volume controls. Pairing the headset is effortless, as it automatically enters pairing mode when you switch it on for the first time and remembers the pairing each time it is switched on.
Audio quality isn't outstanding, but it's fine for everyday use. Outgoing audio is excellent: our callers were impressed by the clarity of the microphone and the volume levels. Incoming audio is slightly less appealing — volume tended to fluctuate occasionally and wasn't as loud as we'd have liked, especially in areas with background noise. Keep in mind that the performance of any Bluetooth headset will also depend on the quality of your mobile phone.
In addition to the regular call-handling functions, the HBH-PV715 allows you to redial the last called number, transfer the sound from the headset to your phone and vice versa and activate voice dialling ( provided this feature is supported on your phone).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google is building its own smartphone, report says
- Report: HTC-built Nexus 'Sailfish' leaks reveal the undercard in the next Nexus lineup
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
- Rumor check: Everything we think we know about the Galaxy Note 7
- Windows 10 phones finally gain NFC payment support as Wallet 2.0 rolls out in preview
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Developer - AWS Cloud HSMNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW