Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact and stylish. It also offers good sound quality for its price.
- Compact, decent build quality, easy to use, reasonable call quality
- Can be uncomfortable for long calls, incoming audio fluctuates
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact, features a minimalist design and provides reasonable call quality, though it doesn't offer a wealth of features.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
A basic and affordable Bluetooth headset, Sony Ericsson's HBH-PV715 does the job with a minimum of fuss and provides good audio quality.
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 is one of the smallest Bluetooth headsets available. It has a gloss black front and matte black casing on its rear; it is very minimalist. Despite the fairly compact size, the plastic casing feels solid and the HBH-PV715 is well built.
The ear-bud design of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset means it can be worn without an ear hook if you desire, though there are two different sized clip-on ear hooks included in the sales package. Although the rubber edge around the ear bud softens its feel against your skin, the ear-bud style may be a little uncomfortable for some users. We didn't have too many issues using the HBH-PV715 without an ear hook, but for prolonged conversations, using the clip on ear hook is recommended. Conveniently, the Bluetooth headset can be worn on either ear.
Operating the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is quite simple. There are only three buttons: a tiny power button on the back, a call handling button on the front and side volume controls. Pairing the headset is effortless, as it automatically enters pairing mode when you switch it on for the first time and remembers the pairing each time it is switched on.
Audio quality isn't outstanding, but it's fine for everyday use. Outgoing audio is excellent: our callers were impressed by the clarity of the microphone and the volume levels. Incoming audio is slightly less appealing — volume tended to fluctuate occasionally and wasn't as loud as we'd have liked, especially in areas with background noise. Keep in mind that the performance of any Bluetooth headset will also depend on the quality of your mobile phone.
In addition to the regular call-handling functions, the HBH-PV715 allows you to redial the last called number, transfer the sound from the headset to your phone and vice versa and activate voice dialling ( provided this feature is supported on your phone).
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 2 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 3 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 TomTom Runner Cardio GPS watch
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- One week after patch, Flash vulnerability already exploited in large-scale attacks
- Candidates for EU's data protection job heard by the European Parliament
- Citrix's ShareFile gets document signing thanks to acquisition
- Alibaba's mobile OS in China boosted by Meizu partnership
- Your online TV watching is now being tracked across devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW