Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact and stylish. It also offers good sound quality for its price.
- Compact, decent build quality, easy to use, reasonable call quality
- Can be uncomfortable for long calls, incoming audio fluctuates
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is compact, features a minimalist design and provides reasonable call quality, though it doesn't offer a wealth of features.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
A basic and affordable Bluetooth headset, Sony Ericsson's HBH-PV715 does the job with a minimum of fuss and provides good audio quality.
The Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 is one of the smallest Bluetooth headsets available. It has a gloss black front and matte black casing on its rear; it is very minimalist. Despite the fairly compact size, the plastic casing feels solid and the HBH-PV715 is well built.
The ear-bud design of the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset means it can be worn without an ear hook if you desire, though there are two different sized clip-on ear hooks included in the sales package. Although the rubber edge around the ear bud softens its feel against your skin, the ear-bud style may be a little uncomfortable for some users. We didn't have too many issues using the HBH-PV715 without an ear hook, but for prolonged conversations, using the clip on ear hook is recommended. Conveniently, the Bluetooth headset can be worn on either ear.
Operating the Sony Ericsson HBH-PV715 Bluetooth headset is quite simple. There are only three buttons: a tiny power button on the back, a call handling button on the front and side volume controls. Pairing the headset is effortless, as it automatically enters pairing mode when you switch it on for the first time and remembers the pairing each time it is switched on.
Audio quality isn't outstanding, but it's fine for everyday use. Outgoing audio is excellent: our callers were impressed by the clarity of the microphone and the volume levels. Incoming audio is slightly less appealing — volume tended to fluctuate occasionally and wasn't as loud as we'd have liked, especially in areas with background noise. Keep in mind that the performance of any Bluetooth headset will also depend on the quality of your mobile phone.
In addition to the regular call-handling functions, the HBH-PV715 allows you to redial the last called number, transfer the sound from the headset to your phone and vice versa and activate voice dialling ( provided this feature is supported on your phone).
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Latest News Articles
- NSW government taps on Android Pay
- LG announces the V20, a phone squarely targeted at audiophiles
- When will your phone get Android Nougat?
- Report: Nexus home button animation and 'night light' option appear amid a batch of leaks
- Samsung officially announces the Galaxy Note 7 and a refreshed GearVR
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - GeneralVIC
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCMainframe Application ArchitectNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia