Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435
- Comfortable, Excellent sound quality, Basic features
- Not visually appealing, No display
The HBH-GV435 should satisfy those who need a fairly basic Bluetooth headset with excellent sound quality - both indoors and out.
Price$ 124.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson HBH-GV435 is a compact Bluetooth headset that requires just three small buttons to operate. Despite having a rather large ear hook, the HBH-GV435 is surprisingly comfortable and offers excellent sound quality.
We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort levels of the HBH-GV435, especially considering its chunky ear hook. Unlike many other Bluetooth headsets, the HBH-GV435 doesn't sit inside your ear or use an ear plug; it sits just outside, with audio provided by a small speaker. This means you can't detach the ear hook like some other units. Despite this issue, the ear hook doesn't affect comfort levels, so you shouldn't need to worry about it.
The HBH-GV435 isn't really what we would describe as visually appealing, but thankfully it performs well. The unit has a simple black and silver design, with a Sony Ericsson logo dominating the earpiece. Once hooked over your ear (the design enables both left and right eared use) and adjusted for an optimal fit, the HBH-GV435 is quite pleasing to use with all the buttons in easily accessible places.
The minimalist controls make the GV-435 easy to operate. Unfortunately there is no display screen, but a power button, a call handling button and a volume control key are present, as well as an indicator light to let you know the status of the headset. A constant red light denotes that the unit is charging, green means it is fully charged, while a flashing green light indicates that the HBH-GV435 is currently connected to a mobile phone.
The best feature of this unit is sound quality and we were pleased to report that it functions quite well indoors. However outside was even better; despite traffic noise the quality and volume was excellent. Calls were crisp and clear with very good detail for a Bluetooth device.
Once paired, the HBH-GV435 not only enables you to send and receive calls, but you can use voice dialling tags (provided your phone supports them) and redial the last dialled phone number as well. You can also mute the headsets microphone, transfer sound from the headset to your phone and check the battery status - once again thanks to the flashing indicator lights.
According to Sony Ericsson figures, the HBH-GV435 provides eight hours talk time and 300 hours of standby time. Recharging is possible via the included AC adapter.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Android's next destination: Untethered VR headsets with Snapdragon 835
- MWC 17: What's coming, what's not, and what we really want to see
- Xiaomi planning second version of its revolutionary Mi Mix ‘bezel-less’ phone
- Apple smartphones outsold Samsung's in Q4
- Apple joins Wireless Power Consortium, charging up iPhone 8 rumor
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCCyber Security ArchitectNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer/ Network AdministratorQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD