Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a motion-sensitive mobile phone that has an FM tuner
- Looks good, wide variety of games, well-built, expandable memory
- Motion sensing is not effective, small number keys are too firm
If you're looking for a mobile phone that you can play a wide variety of games on, then the motion-sensing Sony Ericsson F305 might be for you.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Sony Ericsson F305 is a Boost Mobile-exclusive, motion-sensitive mobile phone. This slider handset has a 2-megapixel camera, an FM radio tuner and the ability to play MP3s.
The Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone sports an attractive white design and is well-built. An eight-way control pad sits on the front of the slider, and there is a proprietary headphone/charging port on the left side. The 2-megapixel camera sits on the back of the handset above the battery, and a Memory Stick Micro (M2) card slot can be found on the top.
One of the key features being spruiked by the Boost Mobile is the Sony Ericsson F305's "Wiistyle gaming experience". The Sims 2 and Need for Speed: Prostreet are just two of the Java-based games that are included, and both are easy to control with the "gaming pad" control wheel. The 512MB M2 card that comes bundled with the Sony Ericsson F305 includes 50 extra games.
Unfortunately the "motion sensing" of the Sony Ericsson F305 mobile phone isn't very effective, and we found it unable to detect anything but the most violent movements. Bowling and Basshunter are just two of the motion-intensive games included, and we found that varying the level of handset shaking did little to improve or lower our scores.
The number keys are small and have very little bounce-back. This means that you often don't know if you've properly hit a key. The numbers on the top row (1, 2 and 3) are the firmest and most troublesome.
The signal quality of the FM tuner is good, and the phone's ability to recognise songs being played on the radio (using TrackID) is a definite plus. By recording a segment of music and uploading it to the TrackID service, you can find out the name of the song and other details. The service is free to use, but data costs still apply.
Call quality is good considering the phone's $199 price tag. Volume levels are fine and we didn't notice any excessive static during our testing.
According to Sony Ericsson, the F305 mobile phone has an estimated talk time of 480min and a standby time of 700 hours.
Boost Mobile offers the Sony Ericsson F305 as part of a prepaid bundle for $199. The sales package includes the handset, a Boost SIM pack, a charger and a stereo headset with a built-in microphone.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- HMD's new Nokia 3310 turns back the clock -- and turns heads
- Huawei showcases new phones in Barcelona, gets mobbed by eager crowds
- Huawei's P10 camera-phone comes in more colors than the rainbow
- Nokia now has three budget Android phones in its arsenal, but everyone is going to want the 3310
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Engineer (cisco)NSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- FTDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Permanent - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPHRIS Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA