Sony Vegas 6 + DVD
- Big increase in render speed, support for virtually every Sony DV product, even output to Sony PSP.
- Very processor hungry compared to previous versions.
Sony's flagship video editing application is even more powerful, with better performance and more hardware support than ever before.
Price$ 919.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 3 stores)
Before Sony bought Sonic Foundry and all its video and audio editing technology three years ago, Vegas Video had a small yet extremely loyal following, with many video editors appreciating the solid performance and complete multimedia focus of the program.
Sony has continued to develop Vegas as a high end video editing solution, adding several Sony specific touches such as a stronger focus on Dolby Digital AC-3 on the audio side and output support for hardware platforms such as Sony's PSP platform.
Vegas + DVD is a complete PC-based, multitrack video-editing software package combining a streamlined interface with powerful feature-set allowing users to quickly and easily create and edit video content and output the finished project to a number of media outlets including the web, DVD or even Sony PSP systems. The program also has some of the strongest audio production tools available in an off the shelf application.
Editors can work with video of different sizes, frame rates, and formats on the same track without conversion, and render to just about any resolution. Superimpose video on multiple layers and apply key-frameable transitions including Wipes, Dissolve and Crossfades. Rotate, resize, stretch, flip, or morph a video track and preview the effect in real time.
Despite big improvements in competing video editing applications, Vegas continues to impress in the way it allows the editor to view changes natively off the timeline, without conversion or rendering. The fact that Vegas was never an Apple application is a big plus for Windows users as the interface has a strong Windows flavour.
Vegas Video is dominated by a timeline area with user definable video and audio tracks. The bottom half of the interface provides you with a choice of workspaces. The Windows-like Explorer window is a good place to start, where you can quickly find video, audio and graphic assets on your hard drive. The video monitor window on the right of the screen allows you to quickly preview the various media assets at your disposal.
Tab selection allow you to switch through various workflows with the Clip Trimmer, Media Pool (a bin showing all the clips in the project) and a Transitions Palette placed neatly behind the Explorer window ready to be brought forward when needed. These windows also have the ability to float free, which makes the desktop completely customisable depending how you want to get the job done.
The Explorer window provides information about the media assets you are working on, with details of frame size, colour depth and frame rate for videos and sample rate, bit-depth, and mono/stereo channels for audio.Once you have worked your magic with your footage and are ready to create a DVD, the DVD Architect 3 application is ready to develop the appropriate DVD menus and integrate your video to make a movie DVD.
Through the use of Vegas 6, DVD Architect 3 and the supplied AC-3 encoding software, it is possible to create compelling 5.1 multi channel surround sound movies on a home PC.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How Microsoft is building on Windows 10, and why developers care
- Google Chrome dethrones Internet Explorer to become undisputed browser champion
- YouTube's Content ID program finally provides for ad revenue during disputes
- Facebook gives Windows 10 a hug with new Facebook, Messenger, and Instagram apps
- Elon Musk says Tesla’s next-gen Model 4 will be affordable for everyone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCService DeskWA
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCProduct SpecialistVIC
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperSA
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCAWS ArchitectNSW