Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0
- User-friendly interface, interactive help and a large collection of audio effects
- The Vocal Eraser doesn't complete remove vocal sound
It's refreshing not to have to pay top whack for audio-editing software. With Sony Sound Forge 9.0's range of tools you can produce decent results on a budget.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
If you're new to audio editing software, or fancy trying your hand at combining audio and video, Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 allows you to experiment for under $170.
Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's simplistic interface makes it easy to find your way around and the user-friendly toolbar features buttons providing quick access to the most common areas of the application.
It also offers the tools to experiment with synching video and soundtracks, making controlling playback precisely whilst viewing the results in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's Video Preview window easy.
For those karaoke crooners, Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 has the ability to create your own karaoke tracks by removing vocals using the Vocal Eraser with presets for different recording situations. It is quite effective, although the vocals can be heard slightly more than we had hoped. Collections of old damaged vinyl and cassettes can also be recovered and enhanced using the new Vinyl Recording and Restoration tool.
The Show Me How tutorials allow you to discover Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0's main topics and learn skills interactively. The Show Me How button is quickly accessible from the main toolbar, which enables you to choose your tutorial topic and follow the pointers and guides.
There are 1,001 sound effects, and 30 further professional effects such as reverb, delay and chorus to enhance your projects. Snapping has also been enhanced in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0, as has the colour customisation in the display preferences which allow you to set custom colours for the graphics within the application. Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 also now supports high-resolution 24-bit files and sound cards for a better quality of audio.
Whether you want to edit and enhance existing files or capture audio directly from a live source, it's easy to carry out. The added bonus is that the quality of the results is impressive for such an affordable package suitable for both beginners and even more experienced audio editors. New features in Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9.0 also make it quicker to achieve professional recordings and allow you to customise the software to perform how you desire.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Use Feedback Hub to complain to Microsoft about Windows 10
- Netflix's Fast.com download tester takes its war against slow ISPs directly to the user
- New Windows 10 Mobile preview adds handy web features, but kills Wi-Fi Sense
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD