First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Sony Sony ACID Pro 7
A powerful pro-level DAW package.
- Extensive feature list
- Trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insists on registering your name
The fully functional demo of Sony ACID Pro 7 shows off an easy-to-use interface and the program's multitude of pro-level features.
Sony ACID Pro 7 is a powerful pro-level DAW (digital audio workstation) package for music creation.
Neither the feature set nor the price are for amateurs — but if you're serious about making and mixing music, this is one of the DAW programs to consider.
Coming from a loop-based (using repeating sample files to create songs) background, Sony ACID Pro 7 takes a slightly different approach from heavyweights Steinberg's Cubase and Cakewalk's Sonar which started life as MIDI sequencers.
If you're working with and recording audio snippets, you might prefer Sony ACID Pro 7. If you use MIDI and record continuous performances, you might go for one of the latter programs.
Sony ACID Pro 7's feature list is far too extensive to list here, but the major capabilities include tons of loop-based music creation editing tools, multi-track audio recording and midi sequencing (including support for VSTi virtual instruments), video tracking, multiple bus output and inline track editing. If you don't know what all those are, you might check out some less expensive music software first.
We don't like to register names more than we have to, and don't appreciate the trial version of Sony ACID Pro 7's insistence on performing said procedure before using the program.
Latest News Articles
- BenQ in talks with Australian telcos following Kogan smartphone partnership
- Until the Tails privacy tool is patched, here's how to stay safe
- Kogan and BenQ drive 4G smartphone pricing down with $229 Agora 4G
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.