- Small, compact and lightweight, long battery life, bright and easy to read screen
- Flimsy battery cover, rear controls hard to access, needs SonicStage software, no support for Mac
The NW-E107 is a winner in the size and looks categories, and also features outstanding battery life.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
The 1GB Sony NWE107 Walkman is a light and stylish device that has two standout features: its excellent battery life and compact size.
With its slim design and stylised looks, the NWE107 is guaranteed to turn heads. Measuring a tiny 56.2 x 56.2 x 19.2mm and weighing only 26 grams, portability will never be an issue with this device. Battery life on the NWE107 is quite simply outstanding, with up to 70 hours of continuous use available on a single, standard AAA.
The NWE107 features a backlit aqua LCD. The screen is compact without being too small, and with the backlight it is clearly visible, even in sunlight. The model we tested was Aquatic Blue, and the metallic surface surrounding the screen on the front of the device complemented the unit well. However, the battery compartment flap is somewhat flimsy and difficult to close.
The NWE107 supports a variety of file formats, including WMA, WAV and MP3 as well as ATRAC3 and ATRAC3plus (Sony's proprietary formats). To upload files to the unit, the NWE107 requires you to install the supplied SonicStage software (which does not provide support for Mac OSX) and connect a supplied USB cable to your PC. Unlike other players on the market, you cannot simply plug in the device and drag and drop files. However, transferring files from your PC to the device is fairly easy and the software allows you to create specific playlists.
The sound quality of the device was above average, and there are two preset sound settings that can be switched from within the menu. You can also adjust bass and treble settings; and, even at the highest volume point, the sound did not crackle or lose quality. The headphones shipped with the unit are standard and provide reasonable quality bass.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistVIC
- FTIncident and Problem ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Applications SupportSA
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Desktop Engineer - SCCM / AD / 2012 ServerNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTRACF Mainframe Security Analysts / Engineers - Multiple Roles - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Web Developer - Port MacquarieNSW
- FTApplication Team Lead - ERP & Microsoft TechnologiesNSW
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT SpecialistACT
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareNSW
- CCAutomation Test AnalystQLD