- X-reality engine, 3D, plus other tech features, reasonable cost
- out of stock in the market
- • • •
This is one I recommend for those who want to purchase...
Sony BRAVIA KDL-55NX720 LED TV (preview)
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 has all Sony's top Web features like streaming TV channels and video on demand
- It's a cheaper alternative to the BRAVIA HX series if the picture quality proves to be similar
- It's 'only' Motionflow XR 200
The Sony BRAVIA NX720 looks attractive and has the same connectivity features of the BRAVIA HX models, but has seemingly inferior display specifications. If you can't tell the difference between the picture quality of these panels, choosing the NX720 seems to be the smart choice so far.
The Sony BRAVIA NX720, which is available in 40in, 46in and 55in sizes, looks like it will be able to do everything that Sony's best TVs (the BRAVIA HX820 and BRAVIA HX925) will be able to do when it comes to Internet connectivity and streaming video. The trade-offs come in picture quality and fast motion handling, with the BRAVIA NX720 looking very similar to last year's NX710 and NX800.
All the Sony Internet TV and BRAVIA Internet Video bells and whistles that you'll find on the best Sony TVs for 2011 are also available on the BRAVIA NX720. 24 linear streaming TV channels and a comprehensive video-on-demand service should keep the most discerning viewer satisfied once they've run out of free-to-air digital TV and Blu-ray video.
The 55in and 46in models of the BRAVIA NX720 look like they will have a slight advantage over last year's NX710 in picture quality, thanks to the use of a dynamic LED edge-light which will allow the screen to dim depending on the content shown, extending contrast. The 40in model won't have this ability, though. Apart from this, the main difference from last year's TVs is the X-Reality Picture video processor, which should mean the new NX720 is a little more competent in displaying detail and up-scaling lower-than-Full HD video.
The 40in KDL-40NX720 will be in stores in April 2011. Both the other EX720 TVs — that's the 46in KDL-46NX720 and the 55in KDL-55NX720 — will be available in May 2011.
- Sony's motionflow technology, 3D, skype, internet, analog/digital tv system
- • • •
This is a very nice LED TV it has all the features, excellent specs, budget wise.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia Lumia 830 review: Punching above its weight
- 2 BlackBerry Passport review: A smartphone going nowhere
- 3 Sony Xperia Z3 Compact review: A flagship at 4.6-inches
- 4 Bose QuietComfort 25 review: A traveller's companion
- 5 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- North Korea reportedly blocks Facebook and Twitter
- FCC eyes new rules to protect consumers as voice networks transition to IP
- Startup Slack gets $120M infusion to kill email at work
- Oracle's Larry Ellison isn't done building his legacy
- Ericsson's WebRTC browser available for download from the App Store
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTDigital PR SpecialistNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT
- CCWeb / Mobile Developer - Magento - HTML5, CSS - Excellent CMS SkillsNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW