Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200
- Incredible feature set, comfortable to hold, great for everyone
- A little bulky
A feature-packed bundle that is a great family purchase.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
This camera is packed full of features. It has the versatility to suit the whole family, from complete beginners to experienced photographers, as it offers a huge range of customisable options. You can have everything automated or maintain complete manual control.
Its auto-focus function is the first thing you notice. It's operated by half-depressing the photo button. There are a number of preset exposure options, set up to work in various situations--including fast action shots, water shots, snow shots and landscapes--and they make a noticeable difference to the image. You can apply a number of special effects, including black and white and sepia.
More professional photographers can also have full control with this camera, changing everything from exposure and focus, to shutter speed and lighting. There is a white-balancing feature, to help give your shots vibrant colour, and a flash control to ensure your photos aren't overly bright or washed out.
You also have great control over the end result, as you can rotate, resize and resave your photos with different quality settings. Similarly, your videos (which can be recorded in 640 x 480 at 30fps) can be chopped up and changed around on-camera. While this function is only basic, it can save a lot of time if all that is needed is a simple trim.
We were pleased with the quality of images in our testing; the photographs could have been a tad sharper, but colour saturation and contrast were great.
The camera comes with a 32MB Memory Stick, which is greater than what is provided with many models yet still inadequate. We would recommend at least 256MB, which can store roughly 67 high-quality images, as opposed to the nine that can fit on the default card.
The camera is easy to hold, with a finger groove and a curved side that fits naturally in the hand. Its aluminium exterior feels solid, if a little bulky compared to some other models.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- CCPega TesterVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- CCSAP FICO Support AnalystWA
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTPower BI Reporting DevelopersSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Forecasting SASNSW
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD
- TPProject Manager - Digital Banking ProjectQLD
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing Cloud ConsultantVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- FTICT Change AnalystSA
- FTFull stack Developer | 3 mth ContractVIC
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Tech Lead - C++ Back Office Trading SystemsNSW
- TPSQL Server Developer | 3 month contract |NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Change Readiness ManagerNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- CCProcess Assurance LeadNSW