Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P200
- Incredible feature set, comfortable to hold, great for everyone
- A little bulky
A feature-packed bundle that is a great family purchase.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
This camera is packed full of features. It has the versatility to suit the whole family, from complete beginners to experienced photographers, as it offers a huge range of customisable options. You can have everything automated or maintain complete manual control.
Its auto-focus function is the first thing you notice. It's operated by half-depressing the photo button. There are a number of preset exposure options, set up to work in various situations--including fast action shots, water shots, snow shots and landscapes--and they make a noticeable difference to the image. You can apply a number of special effects, including black and white and sepia.
More professional photographers can also have full control with this camera, changing everything from exposure and focus, to shutter speed and lighting. There is a white-balancing feature, to help give your shots vibrant colour, and a flash control to ensure your photos aren't overly bright or washed out.
You also have great control over the end result, as you can rotate, resize and resave your photos with different quality settings. Similarly, your videos (which can be recorded in 640 x 480 at 30fps) can be chopped up and changed around on-camera. While this function is only basic, it can save a lot of time if all that is needed is a simple trim.
We were pleased with the quality of images in our testing; the photographs could have been a tad sharper, but colour saturation and contrast were great.
The camera comes with a 32MB Memory Stick, which is greater than what is provided with many models yet still inadequate. We would recommend at least 256MB, which can store roughly 67 high-quality images, as opposed to the nine that can fit on the default card.
The camera is easy to hold, with a finger groove and a curved side that fits naturally in the hand. Its aluminium exterior feels solid, if a little bulky compared to some other models.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTFull Stack PHP Developer - Focus on Front EndQLD
- FTPerformance TesterACT
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTSolutions Software DeveloperVIC