- Intuitive interface
- Expert users will find the range of options rather limited
Moonfruit claims that over two million sites have been built using SiteMaker, and it’s easy to see why. The interface is intuitive and very pleasant to use. While expert users will find the range of options rather limited, despite the various widgets that are included in paid packages, this will not bother the vast majority of people who simply need to get a good-looking site online quickly. This is a recommended service for inexperienced designers.
Price$ 5.39 (AUD)
Moonfruit is an easy-to-use online website builder, with an option for a free service sponsored by advertising.
For those without much expertise in designing and hosting web sites, many ISPs offer a range of tools to create pages quickly and simply. Moonfruit SiteMaker is an elegant service that allows users to create their own site from $5.39 - or even for free if supported with adverts.
When creating a site, the first step is to select a template from the large variety on offer, add a default structure (for Contacts, About your site and so on) if required, and then select a sub-domain or full domain depending on the level of service that you are paying for. Once the basic structure is in place, Moonfruit software runs within the browser window.
The overall layout of Moonfruit SiteMaker is extremely stylish, resembling the Mac OS X interface and is thus extremely easy to use. There are two views, basic or advanced. The latter does not really add very much in terms of design elements for experienced users, but does provide easier access to some options such as admin tools and member groups.
A free-floating Design editor in Moonfruit SiteMaker allows you to make changes to the various objects in the page, such as CSS-controlled fonts and colours, images, or the logo for your page. Making changes is as easy as dragging and dropping objects into place, or you can double-click to edit items.
The various elements of the Moonfruit SiteMaker page are uploaded and organised via a File Manager, and images are automatically optimised for the web whilst being uploaded if required. As well as the basic tools, there are useful administrator options such as site statistics, while the People menu allows you to set up groups and add members. These are used to control who will have access to certain areas of your site.
Depending on how much you pay, you can create either one free Moonfruit SiteMaker site with 20MB storage or an unlimited number with 1.5GB (SiteMaker Max), while the standard package includes at least one free domain name and e-commerce tools. As you'd expect, bandwidth also increases with the more expensive packages, up to 60GB per month.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo to integrate Amazon Alexa in Moto smartphones
- Google will start adding Assistant to Nougat and Marshmallow phones this week
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- FTPre- Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- TPProduct Owner - Cloud SolutionsQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW