Siber Systems RoboForm
RoboForm remembers so you can forget
- Easy to use, can generate industrial-strength passwords
- Always a risk someone could crack your master password
As an effort-saving convenience tool it's hard to fault Siber Systems' RoboForm. If you find yourself constantly filling in forms on the Internet it may be worth $30 of your money.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
The rise of the interactive Internet means that we can increasingly conduct transactions and even work without leaving the comfort of the sofa. But to do so securely requires a plethora of passwords, and filling in online forms can take aeons. Plus, it's easy to make mistakes with credit card numbers and the like, further detracting from the convenience of the Web.
Siber Systems RoboForm is one solution. It's a great tool for storing usernames, passwords and other data you regularly need to submit to e-commerce or members-only Web sites.
You provide RoboForm with every conceivable piece of data you might ever need to complete a Web site form — from basics such as your name and address, to more complex fields such as phone numbers and credit card details.
When next you're faced with an online form, you simply click RoboForm's Fill Forms button, and the program does exactly that.
RoboForm is a cinch to use. With your permission it installs on to your Web browser's toolbar, and organically hoovers up usernames and passwords as you go about your browsing business. RoboForm also creates 'Passcards', remembering log-in details for specific sites and services. These are stored on RoboForm's Passcard page and in a drop-down on your Web browser.
So you click a Web site's name from the RoboForm Passcard drop-down, and RoboForm transports your Web browser to the site, logging you in as it does so. Click 'Google', for instance, and you'll be transported to your iGoogle home page, with immediate access to Gmail, Google Docs and the rest.
Of course, inherent with password-management software is the risk that by cracking just the one password, a nefarious type could gain immediate access to all of your details. Fortunately, RoboForm is itself password-protected. But you're advised to show a little discipline and regularly change your master password.
Other security worries are taken care of — RoboForm can generate industrial-strength passwords, and with this program installed, you don't have to worry about remembering them.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Village Roadshow aims to block 40 pirate sites
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- Google lets users get social with Maps
- Microsoft unveils a bonanza of security capabilities
- Here's how Evernote moved 3 petabytes of data to Google's cloud
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTStorage Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Delivery ManagerSA
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCGIS Developer - GeocortexWA
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)WA
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPIT Project Manager - Office relocationVIC
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPMaster SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW