Siber Systems RoboForm
RoboForm remembers so you can forget
- Easy to use, can generate industrial-strength passwords
- Always a risk someone could crack your master password
As an effort-saving convenience tool it's hard to fault Siber Systems' RoboForm. If you find yourself constantly filling in forms on the Internet it may be worth $30 of your money.
Price$ 30.00 (AUD)
The rise of the interactive Internet means that we can increasingly conduct transactions and even work without leaving the comfort of the sofa. But to do so securely requires a plethora of passwords, and filling in online forms can take aeons. Plus, it's easy to make mistakes with credit card numbers and the like, further detracting from the convenience of the Web.
Siber Systems RoboForm is one solution. It's a great tool for storing usernames, passwords and other data you regularly need to submit to e-commerce or members-only Web sites.
You provide RoboForm with every conceivable piece of data you might ever need to complete a Web site form — from basics such as your name and address, to more complex fields such as phone numbers and credit card details.
When next you're faced with an online form, you simply click RoboForm's Fill Forms button, and the program does exactly that.
RoboForm is a cinch to use. With your permission it installs on to your Web browser's toolbar, and organically hoovers up usernames and passwords as you go about your browsing business. RoboForm also creates 'Passcards', remembering log-in details for specific sites and services. These are stored on RoboForm's Passcard page and in a drop-down on your Web browser.
So you click a Web site's name from the RoboForm Passcard drop-down, and RoboForm transports your Web browser to the site, logging you in as it does so. Click 'Google', for instance, and you'll be transported to your iGoogle home page, with immediate access to Gmail, Google Docs and the rest.
Of course, inherent with password-management software is the risk that by cracking just the one password, a nefarious type could gain immediate access to all of your details. Fortunately, RoboForm is itself password-protected. But you're advised to show a little discipline and regularly change your master password.
Other security worries are taken care of — RoboForm can generate industrial-strength passwords, and with this program installed, you don't have to worry about remembering them.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's Siri-powered Amazon Echo rival reportedly hits the prototype phase
- Hands-on: Opera's free, unlimited browser VPN is ready for secure surfing
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- New call-blocking apps in iOS 10 can stop spams and scams before they reach you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCWAN Architect and ConsultantWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC