Sharp LC-32GA4X AQUOS
- Wide range of outputs, good image quality
- Takes a little time to learn the on-screen menu
The screen offers a wide range of inputs and outputs with good image quality. Clean styling creates lounge-room appeal.
Price$ 3,199.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
- Lc70ud1us Aquos 70 Led 4K Ultra Hdtv 3500.00
Sharp's 32" AQUOS LCD TV offers an appealing blend of features, image quality and connectivity. The entire unit measures 98 x 57 x 31cm with stand and speakers, and weighs a respectable 23.5kg. The sleek silver design features a swivel stand and can be wall mounted if desired. Two 20W bolt-on speakers can be attached to each side of the screen, and these provide surprisingly punchy audio. They can be removed if you'd rather pipe the sound through a home-theatre instead.
The sleek front fascia has no buttons to speak of--they're hidden away at the top of the screen--but the rear panel includes just about every connectivity option imaginable. Inputs include serial, DVI, composite, S-Video and component, while the screen can output to S-Video and composite.
The 32" LCD screen is both clear and bright, and runs at a native resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels. This LCD TV can handle content right the way up to 1080i by downscaling, and does a good job of dealing with non-native images. The panel runs has a 16:9 aspect ratio by default, but offers normal, 16:9 and 14:9, zoom and panorama display modes. A display angle of up to 170 degrees vertically and horizontally also ensures that the picture remains clear from extreme angles.
The grey metallic remote control is well laid out and easy to use, and the on-screen menu is responsive, but it takes a while to learn how to navigate it. The TV features an analog tuner and natively supports PAL broadcasts. We managed to have it tuned into all local channels within a few minutes of turning it on, but manually reassigning the channel numbers took longer. Dolby Virtual Surround is supported, and the TV can integrate neatly with a home stereo.
The panel is rated at about 60,000 hours' life, which is substantial. All up, clear sound, a massive array of output options and a three-year warranty rounds out a top-notch TV. If only it had an integrated digital tuner...
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Sharp's latest 4K TV adds yellow subpixel for 8K resolution
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC