First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- DVD recording, quick recording and dubbing
- Frustrating user interface and menu navigation, overpriced
The DVRW250X is marred by a confusing and irritating interface.
Price$ 879.00 (AUD)
Buy now (Selling at 1 store)
The DVRW250X is perfectly capable when it comes to recording to and from both DVD and VHS. Recording TV to either medium, or dubbing titles between them, takes no more than the touch of a button. Default recording modes (four for DVD, two for VHS) are adjustable via the inbuilt menu system.
The rest of the recorder isn't as functional. The menu system is badly designed, with confusing sub-categories and a decided lack of advanced features and settings. There are several features missing from the menu system, including dubbing (which is only available via a button on the remote) and channel scans. This made the DVRW250X a frustratingly difficult device to operate.
The only video output available is SCART (the player comes with a SCART adapter for composite), and digital audio output is limited to coaxial. AV and S-Video inputs are available on the front of the device.
Its interface and menu system may be poorly implemented, but the DVRW250X's recording could not be faulted. At its price, however, we would expect more. Were it to cost less, or perform better, the Sharp DVRW250X might be a smart buy, but as it is, there are other products that come much more highly recommended.
Latest News Articles
- No patch yet for zero day in Symantec Endpoint Protection software driver
- Android grabs record 85 per cent smartphone share
- FCC chairman grills Verizon over data throttling
- Australia gains early access to Microsoft's Cortana personal assistant
- Intel's MinnowBoard Max coming in late, commanding higher prices
Most Popular Articles
- 1 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 2 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 5 How to pick the right size TV for your living room
GGG Evaluation Team
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Home Entertainment View all »
- $249.95 free shipping
- 25% off $29.95
- $37.48 free shipping
- $271.95 free shipping
- TVs View all »
- Projectors View all »
- Monitors View all »
- Digital Video View all »