Sennheiser VMX 100
- Great voice quality, good volume, ease-of-use and pairing, 3D ball joint design
- A little large and inconspicuous
The VMX 100 combines excellent VoiceMax technology with a comfortable design to produce one of the best Bluetooth headsets on the market.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
The first Bluetooth headset featuring VoiceMax dual-microphone technology, Sennheiser's VMX 100 certainly packs in plenty of features. Its dual-microphone system -- one to emphasise your voice and the other to remove noise -- is the first of its kind, while it also boasts a 3D ball joint for extra comfort, and a talk time of up to five hours.
VoiceMax technology is the highlight of the VMX 100. Sennheiser claims the unit uses two microphones and advanced Digital Signal Processing (DSP) to distinguish between your voice and background noise. The technology then adjusts the amount of noise it removes according to the environment you are in. Although our caller's voice was extremely crisp and clear with notable volume levels, the VMX 100 doesn't completely eradicate background noise -- our callers still complained of minor instances in this regard. Despite this, the general quality of calls is superb, and is perhaps slightly better than the Z9.
Design wise, the VMX 100 is quite bulky. It has a large behind-the-ear piece and a convenient 3D ball joint; when folded open, this automatically turns on the unit. Despite the bulky size, it's fairly comfortable to wear, sitting neatly on top of your ear. The combination of black rubber and titanium-coloured plastic is a nice touch and looks business-like, while the controls are nearly laid out and are easy to access when worn. Our only complaint with the design is that the unit really stands out on your ear, and this may not suit everyone.
The VMX 100 is quite easy to use, with a call handling button and a volume button, the only two controls on the unit. Folding out the microphone boom automatically puts the unit into pairing mode and once paired, functions are simple and easy. Press the call handling button to answer a call, hold it to reject the ball, and press it again to end the call. Alternatively, you can simply close the microphone to end a call. You can also redial your last number by holding the call button for almost two seconds. Additional functions include activating voice dialling (provided this is supported by your phone), transferring a call from the headset to your phone and muting the microphone.
Sennheiser claims the VMX 100 has up to five hours of talk time and up to 100 hours standby. Conveniently, both a USB cable (for charging via a PC or notebook) and an AC adapter are included in the package. To top off the package, the VMX 100 comes with a two-year warranty.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Latest News Articles
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Google's Pixel XL is much easier to repair than the Nexus 6P
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
- New Windows 10 preview adds an iPhone Live Photos rival, Windows Ink improvements
- Google Phone app 5.1 adds in new gestures and interface tweaks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMultiple Defence Opportunities - NV2SA
- TPICT Security SpecialistQLD
- FTProfessional Learning Facilitator - Information ManagementVIC
- CCContract Programmer (.Net/SQL) 161027/P/vhaAsia
- CCContract Programmer (HTML5/Java/Oracle) 161031/P/551Asia
- CCBase24 DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- CCSAP BPC Developer - MelbourneVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerSA
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCWeb Programmer - Sydney - GovernmentNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- TPHelpdesk/Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- FTPre-Sales Consultant - HardwareVIC
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCWeb Content EditorQLD