Sennheiser PXC 210 BT wireless headphones
These foldable wireless headphones have perfect Bluetooth sound quality
- Portable, can be used wired or wirelessly, great sound quality through Bluetooth
- Expensive, poor acoustic noise-cancellation
Sennheiser's PXC 210 BT wireless headphones provide great sound quality even when connected via Bluetooth, though they don't offer the active noise-cancellation of more expensive models.
Price$ 349.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT is a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones with integrated playback and volume buttons — allowing complete hands-free control of your music on your iPhone, iPod Touch or other Bluetooth-capable media player or phone.
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones look similar to the more expensive MM 450 Travel — they both use the same slightly bulging headband with foldable on-ear cups — but the PXC 210 BT lacks active noise-cancellation and an integrated microphone for taking hands-free telephone calls. As a result, however, the PXC 210 BT has a longer battery life of 12 hours. A wall charger is supplied but the headphones can also be charged via your computer's USB port.
We tested the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT headphones in a noisy office and while commuting, and found the fit to be almost spot-on. At 105g the headphones are almost twice as heavy as the MM 450 Travel, but this doesn't significantly affect comfort and we didn't notice any fatigue after continued listening. Sennheiser quotes the maximum range of the Bluetooth connection as being less than 10 metres but we found there were a few metres of leeway.
Sound quality is great when using Bluetooth: there's a pleasing amount of bass versatility from the small drivers, detailed mid-range and slightly recessed treble (which is nevertheless clean and clear). After loving the noise-cancellation of the MM 450 Travel we were slightly disappointed to find that the cheaper PXC 210 BT's passive noise-cancellation wasn't nearly as competent. If you work in a loud office or commute on a crowded train, you'll need to crank the volume to drown out external noise.
You pay a premium for the Sennheiser PXC 210 BT's Bluetooth connectivity and portability, but in our opinion they're worth the outline.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCHCMS Program ManagerNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTPortal DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Lotus Notes/PC LAN) 160722/ITA/474Asia
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Manager (Business Data Management)NSW
- CCApplication Service TechnicianVIC
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC