Sennheiser PX 100
- Truly Portable, Includes a Plastic Carry Case for storage/travel, Above average sound quality, Comfortable for Long Periods of use, Perfect Length cord
- Silver metal strip doesn’t look fashionable, A little pricey compared to other options
The PX 100 are an excellent set of portable headphones that would be ideal to those who travel constantly and require a comfortable set of quality sounding headphones.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PX 100 is a portable set of over-the-ear headphones which fold up neatly into a convenient plastic carry case. The result is excellent sound reproduction which would suit those who are constantly on the move.
The PX 100 employs an over-the-head design with two small cushion-like pieces of black material attached to the frame for extra comfort support. An adjustable silver steel frame supported by lower black plastic where the earphones are attached to the base feels comfortable and lightweight, even throughout long periods of use. The silver/grey design at the front of their earphones complements the unit well. Overall, while the PX 100 isn't lacking in the looks department, we don't really like the thin metal strip which usually accompanies most over-the-ear headphones - it looks like something out of the 80s era, which isn't exactly fashionable nowadays.
When they aren't in use, the PX 100 fold up neatly into a small bundle and the supplied plastic carry case is a nice touch from Sennheiser. In addition to this, they can be easily slipped into a small shirt or jeans pocket which makes them truly portable and ideal for those who travel. We also really liked the cord - it's just the right length and feels very solid. Some other headphones we've seen offer cords that are either too long or too short and this is an annoying inconvenience. Thankfully, Sennheiser have got it spot on with the PX 100.
Despite their compactness, the PX 100 is an excellent sounding pair of headphones. During testing, we used them with an iPod nano and throughout they produced a fairly rich sound with detailed but not overly excessive treble. For some, especially those who like heavier music with a harsher tone, these may not be the best choice, but for tracks like A Perfect Circle's Three Libras the treble reproduced by the PX 100 was excellent. Bass was above average without being outstanding, but most users should be happy with the subtle bass effects that these headphones produce. We also noted that even at the highest volume setting on our iPod, we didn't experience any distortion.
The PX100 is a good choice for frequent travelers, but still want a pair of quality sounding, comfortable headphones. They are slightly more expensive than the outstanding KOSS KSC-75 though, so it would be best to shop around if you do seriously consider the PX 100.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Latest News Articles
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Astro A38 review: A staggering price to pay for convenience
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectWA
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPProject ManagerOther
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analysts - MainframeACT
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCAzure Architect/ConsultantVIC
- CCGun Java Developer wanted...VIC
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCProject / Portfolio SchedulerNSW