Sennheiser PX 100
- Truly Portable, Includes a Plastic Carry Case for storage/travel, Above average sound quality, Comfortable for Long Periods of use, Perfect Length cord
- Silver metal strip doesn’t look fashionable, A little pricey compared to other options
The PX 100 are an excellent set of portable headphones that would be ideal to those who travel constantly and require a comfortable set of quality sounding headphones.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PX 100 is a portable set of over-the-ear headphones which fold up neatly into a convenient plastic carry case. The result is excellent sound reproduction which would suit those who are constantly on the move.
The PX 100 employs an over-the-head design with two small cushion-like pieces of black material attached to the frame for extra comfort support. An adjustable silver steel frame supported by lower black plastic where the earphones are attached to the base feels comfortable and lightweight, even throughout long periods of use. The silver/grey design at the front of their earphones complements the unit well. Overall, while the PX 100 isn't lacking in the looks department, we don't really like the thin metal strip which usually accompanies most over-the-ear headphones - it looks like something out of the 80s era, which isn't exactly fashionable nowadays.
When they aren't in use, the PX 100 fold up neatly into a small bundle and the supplied plastic carry case is a nice touch from Sennheiser. In addition to this, they can be easily slipped into a small shirt or jeans pocket which makes them truly portable and ideal for those who travel. We also really liked the cord - it's just the right length and feels very solid. Some other headphones we've seen offer cords that are either too long or too short and this is an annoying inconvenience. Thankfully, Sennheiser have got it spot on with the PX 100.
Despite their compactness, the PX 100 is an excellent sounding pair of headphones. During testing, we used them with an iPod nano and throughout they produced a fairly rich sound with detailed but not overly excessive treble. For some, especially those who like heavier music with a harsher tone, these may not be the best choice, but for tracks like A Perfect Circle's Three Libras the treble reproduced by the PX 100 was excellent. Bass was above average without being outstanding, but most users should be happy with the subtle bass effects that these headphones produce. We also noted that even at the highest volume setting on our iPod, we didn't experience any distortion.
The PX100 is a good choice for frequent travelers, but still want a pair of quality sounding, comfortable headphones. They are slightly more expensive than the outstanding KOSS KSC-75 though, so it would be best to shop around if you do seriously consider the PX 100.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- CCEnd to End Project Manager - PMO and GovernanceVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProject managerACT
- CCProjects Resource/ Workforce ManagerVIC
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW