Sennheiser PC 121
- Design, build quality, adjustable microphone, volume and on/off controls, shirt clip
- Long cord easily tangles
The PC 121 is a stylish and well designed VoIP headset that can be used with any number of applications.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The Sennheiser PC 121 is a stylish Internet telephony headset that features an adjustable microphone, volume control and a compact design that can be worn on either ear, making it ideal for travellers.
A great accessory for any VoIP or instant messaging client including Skype, MSN and iChat, the PC 121, doesn't require any drivers to operate. It connects to your PC or Mac via a standard 3.5mm headphone and microphone jack. The only downside is that it becomes your computer's main audio source - as if it were a set of speakers.
The PC 121 is a basic product, but its refreshing design means it's comfortable to wear. Although the ear clip can't be removed, it can be flipped around so the headset can be worn on your left or right ear. The plastic hinge glides smoothly and along with the adjustable, tilting microphone, the PC 121 really gives the aura of a well designed and built product.
The microphone itself is loud and clear and a handy in-line volume control and on/off switch sweetens the deal. These controls can conveniently be clipped to your shirt and the three metre cable means you can sit well away from your PC or notebook and still be able to use the PC 121.
Sound quality is above average; calls using Skype were generally crisp and clear, while the microphone handled outgoing sound well. Keep in mind that the quality of any VoIP call depends on a number of factors out of your control, including the quality of your Internet connection.
Also included is a 2.5mm stereo jack, the same connection used on some mobile phones, meaning the PC 121 can be used for hands-free calling too. Although this is a nice thought, you'll soon become frustrated with the extra long cable tangling, so we recommend sticking to Bluetooth or dedicated mobile phone headsets for hands-free mobile phone calls.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Latest News Articles
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- New wireless tech from MIT promises password-free Wi-Fi
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Consumers let down by broadband speed and performance: ACCAN
- Apple recalls AC wall plug adapters
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia